Upcoming Celebrity Cruises

BrianAlt

5 hours ago, mattymay said:

I would like to know first though.. is there much for teenage kids to do and the Solstice class ships??

@mattymay, I had asked my TA this same question about Celebrity in general a while back. She said that the line as a whole isn't really set up with activities or other things meant to appeal to teenagers. If your kids have more eclectic tastes, especially if they're foodies, they can still find ways to enjoy the trip, but they won't have things like a rock wall or other "high energy" activities.

On a separate tack, when I was first looking at different cruise lines I had asked my friends on Facebook if they'd sailed Celebrity and seen kids / teens there. Responses were very few, but uniformly said they never saw more than a few. So finding people to hang out with might be another issue, although I'll throw in the caveats that I don't know when those people took their cruises (may have been during school time) and that I'd hardly consider my sample response size representative.

5 hours ago, mattymay said:

Celebrity Eclipse will be homeported in Melbourne Australia in 2020-21 so I'm considering my first Celebrity cruise. I would like to know first though.. is there much for teenage kids to do and the Solstice class ships??

I had been on Celebrity cruise 4 times but not Solstice class and it is more for the people want to relax and have a good quality food. Not much of activities other than trivia, dances and games. It also depend on itinerary if you don't have a seaday and stop at the port everyday then I think should be OK for teenage because you and your kids possible out to the ports of call everyday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ron Lodowski said:

Anyone have Edge booked?  We're booked for 3/3/19!

We just got back yesterday from a three night preview sailing but we're back on in 34 days for the Jan 13, 7 night Eastern.  It's going to be nice to have more time onboard not feeling rushed to see and do it all.