Upcoming Celebrity Cruises

BrianAlt

I emailed my TA and waiting to hear back. I called Celebrity and was on hold for about 20 mins so gave up on that.....lol.

They have defn filled a lot of rooms, or at least really jacked the prices recently so something is going on. I was hoping to maybe upgrade based on the pricing when I booked, but not now...its 400% more for the same cabin!

But I am a little concerned about it being a charter....especially if the ship wasn't filling up and now it is...would indicate its a large group of what/whoever it is.

Its the 17th that I am leaving..I checked this morning...cruise is still 4x what I paid for it.....

My travel agent states its the cruise before mine that is the charter according to Celebrity and its just an error on their website. We all know how good Royal's and Celebrity's IT departments are so hoping it truly is a glitch and that's all!

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

My travel agent states its the cruise before mine that is the charter according to Celebrity and its just an error on their website. We all know how good Royal's and Celebrity's IT departments are so hoping it truly is a glitch and that's all!

Whew, I'm very happy for you!! That's crazy!! 

On 1/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, monctonguy said:

Just found out that my very first Celebrity cruise is a "charter cruise"......I am not too impressed to say the least. I had a terrible experience with a charter cruise before.

I have googled and looked all over to try and find out what the group is with no luck.

Anyone have any idea what a  Performance Conference Cruise would be?!

I just got an email last night that my 2/16/19 cruise on the infinity was outright cancelled because the ship was chartered. :(  I'll call in the next few days to see what my options are.

That sucks.....at least lots of notice and based on your location you prob didn't have flights booked I hope. I think usually they are pretty good with refund and future OBC type thing when they do that.

I always wondered how much MORE they must make off a charter for it to be worth cancelling for the general public and $ they payout as a result of that.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:35 AM, monctonguy said:

That sucks.....at least lots of notice and based on your location you prob didn't have flights booked I hope. I think usually they are pretty good with refund and future OBC type thing when they do that.

I always wondered how much MORE they must make off a charter for it to be worth cancelling for the general public and $ they payout as a result of that.

It was going to be my birthday present to myself, but I'm not too torn up about it.  No flight booked, it's an easy 4 hour drive to Port Everglades from where I live.  I booked it because the price was hard to beat and included a drink package and wifi, the itinerary didn't even matter much to me (Key West & Cozumel).  I was in it to try out the Celebrity experience and see how it compares against Royal.

The email they sent is strangely worded, I'll have to call them to clarify, but it sounds like they're offering a choice of:

1. Full refund, nothing else
  2. Rebook the same ship & itinerary for a different date and original price is protected
  3. Rebook a different ship/itinerary and get $100 OBC

It's unclear if the $100 OBC also applies to option 2.  It also says "Brand promotions" will be honored, so that might mean I get to keep the 2-free-perks offer if I go with option 2 or 3.

I haven't decided what I want to do yet, I'll have to look at all the alternate itineraries and pricing options.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:29 PM, Sweety said:

Has anyone been in an aqua class cabin? What are the perks staying in this cabin?

Hi Sweety!  Haven't sailed on them but I think you get to eat in Blu restaurant and some other amenities. It has it on the website. I'm booked on 5 Celebrity starting Sept 2018-April 2020 and and have a fabulous Celebrity planner if you are interested I'll give you information. Watch we'll end up on more cruises together! LOL:8_laughing: 

39 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Hi Sweety!  Haven't sailed on them but I think you get to eat in Blu restaurant and some other amenities. It has it on the website. I'm booked on 5 Celebrity starting Sept 2018-April 2020 and and have a fabulous Celebrity planner if you are interested I'll give you information. Watch we'll end up on more cruises together! LOL:8_laughing: 

@twangster, talked about getting off one ship and getting on another. I am thinking about Celebrity Infinity April 4-6, 2020 and getting on Navigator April 6-10, 2020. Both ships are out of Miami. My husband says book it.

3 hours ago, Sweety said:

@twangster, talked about getting off one ship and getting on another. I am thinking about Celebrity Infinity April 4-6, 2020 and getting on Navigator April 6-10, 2020. Both ships are out of Miami. My husband says book it.

YOLO. If you have the opportunity then do it and don't look back ?

YES _ I was just on the Equinox for a 3 night cruise and they had the Silent Disco - it was so funny to watch
I really like the Solstice Class ships but got to see a lot of the EDGE and that ship is going to be awesome
AND they have some 3 night sailings on the Edge end of Nov 2018 / early December 2019
if anyone wants some rates - this ship is going to be amazing

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, michelle said:

YES _ I was just on the Equinox for a 3 night cruise and they had the Silent Disco - it was so funny to watch
I really like the Solstice Class ships but got to see a lot of the EDGE and that ship is going to be awesome
AND they have some 3 night sailings on the Edge end of Nov 2018 / early December 2019
if anyone wants some rates - this ship is going to be amazing

Silent disco was the best.....never left the dance floor for like 2 hrs. Girlfriend said it was one of the most fun nights she's had ever out in her travels. Couldn't believe the lineup waiting to get in!

That is the type of thing I would love to see/experience more of. Unfortunately we found most of the rest of the cruise quite boring and by the 3rd night, we're looking for things to do instead of just sitting around drinking. So I don't think another Celebrity cruise is in the cards for us unless it was a hell of a deal or unless it changes. Back to Royal for our next cruise I would imagine.

42 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Unfortunately we found most of the rest of the cruise quite boring

I was wondering how you liked it. Obviously not as good as RC for you and girlfriend. I think you have to be certain age or mindset for Celebrity so I'm hoping my laid back mindset and age will help me love my cruises! LOL.  

Haha..I guess so. Food was good, ship was nice, staff were good. We just didn't find much to do during the day or evening. Not to say there was nothing to do, just a little quieter than what we are used to or enjoy.

However, the silent disco was  a huge hit..for all ages. So I don't know why they wouldn't do more like that, if its such a hit no matter if your older or younger.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Boltswin said:

Just booked the Edge for March 2019,

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Edge. I'm booked January 2020 (have a while to go!) I really think it might be the "Ying and the Yang". Symphony being bold and bright and shiny and new, and Edge will be more sedate from what I've seen of the video. Perhaps 2 different audiences, not sure so will be very happy to hear what you think!

On 2/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, DocLC said:

Recently booked the Celebrity Constellation for July 2019 Barcelona to Venice. Unfortunately, it conflict with the RCL Blog group cruise, so one of the two will likely get cancelled. Given the awesome European itinerary, it's likely that the group cruise will be the one to go. 

What is the itinerary? We are booked on the 12 day vision med/greek isles for july 2019...8 ports and 4 sea days.  It will be our 2nd trip to europe! 1st to that area! Jane

1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

What is the itinerary? We are booked on the 12 day vision med/greek isles for july 2019...8 ports and 4 sea days.  It will be our 2nd trip to europe! 1st to that area! Jane

We wanted a cruise that started in Barcelona as we loved the port so much when we were there last month. My wife also wanted to go to Venice, while my son wanted to go to Pompeii and Pisa, so this itinerary for the bill:.

BARCELONA, SPAIN
PROVENCE (TOULON), FRANCE
NICE (VILLEFRANCHE), FRANCE
FLORENCE/PISA(LASPEZIA)ITALY
ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY
NAPLES, ITALY
AT SEA
KOTOR, MONTENEGRO
ZADAR, CROATIA
KOPER, SLOVENIA
VENICE, ITALY

We're totally sold on Europe and are headed back in July for a two week Noway/Arctic Circle cruise. In the winter, the plan is for a New Zealand cruise out of Sydney, but the airfare to Europe is much more reasonable. 

Now I’m curious, after reading that itinerary. What is in Zadar, Croatia that would make it a better / more appealing port than Dubrovnik?

Serious question, as I only learned about Croatia via Game of Thrones (which films scenes from The Red Keep at the oceanside castle in Dubrovnik). I know nothing else about the country and what are good spots to try and visit. I only know after watching the behind the scenes clips showing the area that Croatia has suddenly become one of those countries I really want to visit when I finally make it over to the Mediterranean. It looks absolutely gorgeous!

21 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Now I’m curious, after reading that itinerary. What is in Zadar, Croatia that would make it a better / more appealing port than Dubrovnik?

Serious question, as I only learned about Croatia via Game of Thrones (which films scenes from The Red Keep at the oceanside castle in Dubrovnik). I know nothing else about the country and what are good spots to try and visit. I only know after watching the behind the scenes clips showing the area that Croatia has suddenly become one of those countries I really want to visit when I finally make it over to the Mediterranean. It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Joe, Dubrovnik is beautiful.  It was one of those ports that we knew nothing about and had no expectations for and easily became one of our favourites.  Just an FYI though, it is a lot of walking.  Not on even surfaces.  Many uphill climbs, especially if you visit some of the areas that give you a better view.  It is quite breathtaking there but we did notice that some of the people around us were struggling.

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

We picked the itinerary as it didn't repeat any of the Mediterranean ports that we hit last month except Rome, so that was the main selling point. In addition, it hits the ports where my son wants to go and only had a single sea day (important for my wife). 

Zadar is known for its Venetian Gates in the city walls and Roman and Venetian relics. 

On 2/21/2018 at 12:05 AM, DocLC said:

We wanted a cruise that started in Barcelona as we loved the port so much when we were there last month. My wife also wanted to go to Venice, while my son wanted to go to Pompeii and Pisa, so this itinerary for the bill:.

BARCELONA, SPAIN
NAPLES, ITALY
AT SEA
KOTOR, MONTENEGRO
ZADAR, CROATIA
KOPER, SLOVENIA
VENICE, ITALY

We're totally sold on Europe and are headed back in July for a two week Noway/Arctic Circle cruise. In the winter, the plan is for a New Zealand cruise out of Sydney, but the airfare to Europe is much more reasonable. 

I am interested in the Norway/Arctic cruise. Are you going to see the ice walls.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:05 AM, DocLC said:

BARCELONA, SPAIN
NAPLES, ITALY
AT SEA
KOTOR, MONTENEGRO
ZADAR, CROATIA
KOPER, SLOVENIA
VENICE, ITALY

We start and end in Barcelona... give me any pointers as I think we will spend at least a couple days pre- cruise there.   We hit Cannes, Florence, Rome,  then Athens,  mykenos, Santorini and valetta Malta.  We have never been to Europe and will go to France this summer and this cruise next.   I would love to do pompeii and Venice though.  I think we won't do Pisa and will instead go to Florence...I'd love to spend days at the uffizi but I will see it briefly and I'm sure our next long European land trip still be to Italy.  Jane

@Sweety is there an Arctic ice wall? I know there's one in Antarctica. If there is an Arctic when, then I'm guessing we're not going to it. The MSC cruise we had booked went farther north, but we liked the HAL ship and rest of the itinerary better. 

@mom2mybugs You'll love Barcelona. If take an overall city tour to start. When we go back, we're going to do the gondola, Park Guell (Giadi), and spend more time at Las Ramblas and the market there. I also want to go to the old bull fighting ring that's been converted into a mall. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, DocLC said:

@Sweety is there an Arctic ice wall? I know there's one in Antarctica. If there is an Arctic when, then I'm guessing we're not going to it. The MSC cruise we had booked went farther north, but we liked the HAL ship and rest of the itinerary better. 

@mom2mybugs You'll love Barcelona. If take an overall city tour to start. When we go back, we're going to do the gondola, Park Guell (Giadi), and spend more time at Las Ramblas and the market there. I also want to go to the old bull fighting ring that's been converted into a mall. 

I will definitely want an overall tour.  So looking forward to seeing it and eating tapas!  Jane

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, BrianAlt said:

First, thanks @Matt and admins for adding this section!

So, who has a Celebrity cruise coming up?

My next one is "only" 283 days away!  

Best of the Mediterranean - Rome, Florence, Nice, Barcelona (overnight), sea, Gibraltar, Malaga, Cartagena, Ibiza, sea, Rome - 11-nights.   

Four of us, my wife and kids (22 and 19 at the time).  It's a college graduation present for our daughter.

Anyone have Edge booked?  We're booked for 3/3/19!

I have a 14 Day Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse coming up April 1, 2018. First time on Celebrity and looking forward to the experience.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ron Lodowski said:

Celebrity Eclipse coming up April 1, 2018. First time on Celebrity and looking forward to the experience.

Anxious to hear how you like it, I"m booked on Summit this Sept and Equinox next January. What a wonderful cruise, 14 days! Enjoy!

• 8 months later...