Upcoming Celebrity Cruises

BrianAlt

First, thanks @Matt and admins for adding this section!

So, who has a Celebrity cruise coming up?

My next one is "only" 283 days away!  

Best of the Mediterranean - Rome, Florence, Nice, Barcelona (overnight), sea, Gibraltar, Malaga, Cartagena, Ibiza, sea, Rome - 11-nights.   

Four of us, my wife and kids (22 and 19 at the time).  It's a college graduation present for our daughter.

Anyone have Edge booked?  We're booked for 3/3/19!

2 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

They do have Baltic cruises, but not the fjords in particular.

Yes, but I think Total has the best Baltics itinerary on the Serenade. They only do it once a year, but includes three days in St. Petersburg, two in Stockholm, and two in Copenhagen along with the other typical Baltic ports. 

• 2 weeks later...

HI All!  Question for those who have cruised on Celebrity, we are booked on 2 cruises, January 2019 and April 2019 on Equinox, and we booked the Sky Suite. Ironically on both cruises, the stateroom is the same.  If all the AFT!  Our Celebrity Planner says I should keep it as the views are 180 degrees and beautiful. My concern is feeling alot of motion.  It looks like many sky Suites are aft too.

Any feedback is most appreciated! thank you!

6 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

We had an aft cabin on Equinox in the Med.  I LOVED it!  Motion wasn't an issue, but I think that was more a weather thing than a cabin location thing.

We love having the aft cabins.  They are the best.  KEEP IT!

That's exactly what my Cruise Planner said!!  The irony is we booked the April Cruise first, got the cabin, then decided to book the January cruise and they assigned the same stateroom so I figured it was kismit! Meant to be so don't change it! I am going to listen to you Brian!! Thank you!!!

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

That's exactly what my Cruise Planner said!!  The irony is we booked the April Cruise first, got the cabin, then decided to book the January cruise and they assigned the same stateroom so I figured it was kismit! Meant to be so don't change it! I am going to listen to you Brian!! Thank you!!!

Also, Sky Suites are cool!  Like having a Jr. Suite on Royal EXCEPT it's actually treated like a suite.  And you get Luminae!  Which is wonderful!!

Ummm, what is Luminae, and what makes it wonderful?

And that's good to know about the Sky Suites re: it being like a Jr. Suite on Royal, but with true suite benefits. I'm looking at a few cruise itineraries currently serviced by the Eclipse as possible 50th birthday options -- a 12-night Italy & Greek Islands trip (mainly Greece, with 4 out of the 7 port stops, including what seems to be the rather elusive stop in Mykonos); a 12-night Western Mediterranean with with stops in Spain, France, and Italy; and a 13-night Italy and Adriatic itinerary that includes an overnight in Dubrovnik. If getting a Sky Suite gets you the true suite experience, that can be a nice way for me to "step up" that celebratory cruise without breaking the bank on one of those higher level suite categories I saw. Ultimately will depend on whether my kids can go on those iterineraries, which would mean booking two cabins or getting a BIG suite that includes a second bedroom (the kids refuse to sleep on sofa beds any more, especially when they both have to use it).

Also looking at Azamara as a possible option. I saw they have a 14-night "Tall Sails and Remembrance" cruise that hits a lot of ports in France as well a few in Spain and Portugal, but I get the feeling that's a one-time offer as it's tied in to a D-Day / landing at Normandy anniversary. Hoping there will be a similar offer for the 2019-2020 or 2020-21 season.

2 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Ummm, what is Luminae, and what makes it wonderful?

Aqua class cabins eat in the Blu dining room.  Aqua class cabins are regular veranda cabins with spa amenities.  Blu is supposed to be healthier eating.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/blu

Suites eat in the Luminae dining room.  It's just better service, nicer menu, can show up anytime you want (Blu also).  It's much more personal.  It's WONDERFUL!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/luminae

Love the itineraries you're choosing from.  We went to Mykonos on our Mediterranean cruise.  Definitely want to do Dubrovnik at some point.  It looks beautiful there.

You can expect Azamara to offer similar itineraries in out years.  I've been tracking their cruises for a few years now.

I haven't been in Michael's.  I believe they changed Michael's as a Zenith only perk.

Yes, I verified.

The height of Captain's Club membership—Zenith—is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the quality benefits and perks this ultimate level of membership deserves, such as access to Michael’s Club Lounge, a beverage package of your choice, complimentary laundry, and anextensive internet package.

I am booked on a 3 night Equinox in January

I have sailed both Celebrity and Azamara.   I love the more 'upscale" feel of both I guess
and the wine selections, which for me are important tend to be a little better.
Azamara is just lovely and easy.  And the Captains on these ships have the ability to
make their own changes in weather etc or based on client's wishes wish happened on our
Cruise - he stayed in port longer because of a big parade going on in town that so many
guests wanted to attend and we just departed a little later. 

• 1 month later...

Just booked a Celebrity trip on the Infinity for my birthday . . . in Feb 2019.  Went with a Concierge Class balcony, Aqua was ~$200 more and while Blu sounds appealing, I don't think we'd use much of the spa amenities.  This will be my first trip on Celebrity, so I'm excited!

Also, there's a promotion going on where you can pick 2 perks for the first two people in a cabin.  Choices were gratuity included, wifi, drink package and some others.  Went w/ drink package & wifi.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Wondering if they have the "silent disco" on even the shorter cruises with Celebrity, like the 3 nighter I am trying?!

I know they had it on a 5 night I sailed - so it's certainly not exclusive to 7 nighters.  Beyond that I'm not sure.

4 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

They have the GO BIG, GO BIGGER, GO BEST promotion which includes the drink package as one of the options.

Brian is right, I have 2 cruises booked on Equinox for 2019 and I booked Go Best, got Premium Drink Package, Paid Gratuities, Wifi for 2 and $300 OBC, booked Sky Suite.  It was the best deal ever!

22 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

yeah...I don't book those types of rooms so I don't get those extra perks..hence why I was asking if they ever have cruise planner sales.

I believe though you had your choice of two items in other staterooms.  I think they are still running it. Have you looked online? I think you are taking a shorter cruise though right so maybe they don't offer it. I'm on 5 night with RC in May and they don't offer the same OBC credit as the 7 night ones. 

Yes, its a short one, so I get they don't offer any perks. But a 20 or 30% sale off your cruise planner would still be nice. But I guess that is more of a Royal thing and for Celebrity its more about including perks at higher levels. Which will be great if this cruise goes well and I book another Celebrity cruise in the future.

59 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Yes, its a short one, so I get they don't offer any perks. But a 20 or 30% sale off your cruise planner would still be nice. But I guess that is more of a Royal thing and for Celebrity its more about including perks at higher levels. Which will be great if this cruise goes well and I book another Celebrity cruise in the future.

I just checked, the perks start at 4 nights or more. So maybe you will love it and have to go again!! LOL (I so hope you love it as I have two Equinox booked!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just found out that my very first Celebrity cruise is a "charter cruise"......I am not too impressed to say the least. I had a terrible experience with a charter cruise before.

I have googled and looked all over to try and find out what the group is with no luck.

Anyone have any idea what a  Performance Conference Cruise would be?!

54 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Anyone have any idea what a  Performance Conference Cruise would be?!

I don't, but I saw that cruise, they are still trying to fill it.  do you have a planner at Celebrity? If not, I can email mine and see what it might be if you would like. Can you perhaps change the date? I know you're close now but they may let you due to these circumstances.