Oasis Changes

tmh

I noticed the changes on the Oasis posted on Facebook.  Just wondering if anyone knew if the shops that have been replaced will be relocated to another part of the ship?  I was actually hoping to take my kiddos to the cupcake shop and the donut shop.  And, when are these renovations taking place--before January 2015, I hope?  Any info would be much appreciated!  Thanks much!

Renovations are taking place now.  On Allure they have the Doghouse instead of the Donut shop but they do have donuts located across the boardwalk from the Doghouse.  After watching the kiddies stick there hands in there and handle the donuts without removing them, however, I decided to pass.

I'm disappointed that they are building Grand Suites where the "secret" balconies are.  Both times we have sailed the Allure we have had cabins a short walk from them.  It is a great place to go watch Oceanaria.  I can only assume the same changes will be made to the Allure in the near future.

I suspect the shops that are replaced are gone.  Cupcake Cupboard might be rolled into Cafe Promenade, which is what they did on older ships during their renovations.  Also Pets at Sea might end up in the general Royal Caribbean shop in the Promenade, like they did on older ships.

Matt

We are not that brilliant with computers, could you give us a quick lesson on how to include a photo in our reply.

Cheers

Ian and Margot 

With these message boards, it helps to upload the photos first to a place like imageshack.com and then paste the URL in by clicking that little icon that looks like a tree in a photo: 

image.jpg

If it's too confusing, just email them over to me and I can take care of it for you.

• 5 months later...

The trip was so disappointing that we didn't want to upset you all. The internet was so bad that we could not send a text e-mail never mind a photo.

Next stop Quantum. Really hope this puts back some faith in Royal. 

What was disappointing about it? I'm taking my family on Oasis in April.... my first cruise, and I'm starting to freak out a little bit!

Mark,

Cruises can change from week to week. While I wont discount the experience Ian has had, I have had some exceptional cruises and some duds. However, I've found that expectations play a part and have seen some reviews that concerned me only to be happily surprised.

Go in with an open mind with an expectation to have fun and you'll have a great time.

Mark

Dont worry, our experience was caused by the ship coming straight out of dry dock and it was not ready. Wonderland and Izumi were both unfinished and closed. They were still working on new cabins.

It was also a Transatlantic voyage with 10 straight sea days. The captain had to take a more northern route due to bad weather which meant most of the time we had poor weather.

You are going to the Caribbean with a fully functional ship, so ENJOY :)  

Sorry to hear about your experience, Ian. Unfortunately, I've heard of this happening all to often on various lines just after dry dock. I posted a similar question as I'm on the Liberty the last cruise before drydock and am concerned they may start the work mid cruise.

Mark

Dont worry, our experience was caused by the ship coming straight out of dry dock and it was not ready. Wonderland and Izumi were both unfinished and closed. They were still working on new cabins.

It was also a Transatlantic voyage with 10 straight sea days. The captain had to take a more northern route due to bad weather which meant most of the time we had poor weather.

You are going to the Caribbean with a fully functional ship, so ENJOY :)  

Thanks for calming me down! But I am truly sorry your crossing was less than awesome. I hope you get an opportunity to make up for it with an excellent cruise soon!

We are on Quantum the week after the blog cruise. If Matt and the others are about at 11.00 am on departure, we will be happy to arrive early at port for a UK meet up with the USA.

Margot is going to keep Matt busy with questions as it is not every cruise that you can get real time information just before you cruise. 

Really looking forward to some warm weather and a new ship.

We are on Quantum the week after the blog cruise. If Matt and the others are about at 11.00 am on departure, we will be happy to arrive early at port for a UK meet up with the USA.

Margot is going to keep Matt busy with questions as it is not every cruise that you can get real time information just before you cruise. 

Really looking forward to some warm weather and a new ship.

I'd love to meet you guys, but I'll be off the ship well before then.  Have to get back to real life unfortunately!