Killer Deal on Drink Package

mworkman

Wife and I leave on Oasis sept 3 and the cruise planner has deluxe package for 55 per person per day. It states this is the preorder deal. Is it really more than that on board? I keep reading and hearing about the drink package going on sale but no one mentions a price. What is the price of the actual deal? If there really ever is such a thing lol. 

38 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

I keep reading and hearing about the drink package going on sale but no one mentions a price. What is the price of the actual deal?

For Oasis, it was listed at 20% off at $46 per day in the Cruise Planner until about a month ago.  Then it jumped to $55 per day but still stating 20% off.  Welcome to the world of RCI pricing.  In my case, I was planning to purchase the package but wanted to wait a week for a new credit card cycle to begin.  In that time, it jumped to $55.  :2_grimacing:

1 hour ago, DDemuth said:

For Oasis, it was listed at 20% off at $46 per day in the Cruise Planner until about a month ago.  Then it jumped to $55 per day but still stating 20% off.  Welcome to the world of RCI pricing.  In my case, I was planning to purchase the package but wanted to wait a week for a new credit card cycle to begin.  In that time, it jumped to $55.  :2_grimacing:

I'm also on the hunt for the Oasis drink package sale.  I'm also seeing it at $55.  But,  I have some time before our June sailing.  

For my upcoming Anthem of the Seas cruise in October, I managed to catch a sale on the Ultimate Beverage Package (as it was called when I bought it) for $40/day (+18%, of course). I also got the VOOM Surf & Stream package for $6.99/day and just recently added the Ultimate Dining Package for $24/day.

Royal Caribbean is currently offering a combination Ultimate Dining Package and Deluxe Beverage Package for $67/day (which seems to break down as $48/day for the beverage package and $19/day for the dining package when factoring in how the gratuities are calculated), but that's a bit higher than what I paid for both separately.

Although I'm all set for this cruise, I'm looking for a discount on the beverage package for my Oasis of the Seas cruise next March. It's going to be a back-to-back, and I'm likely just to purchase the package for the first week, but if I were to catch a great deal, I might be inclined to get it for both.

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

I have a very stupid question. Where would you see that you have a Sale on anything, in your personal cruise planner? Are you notified via email or anything? Or you just keep checking daily. Not sailing till May but still hoping!! LOL Thank you!!

Not a stupid question at all. I wondered the same thing until someone told me. It will show up in your cruise planner. Not all sales apply to every sailing. Sometimes you will receive an email, but not always. I check my cruise planner at least once a week.

Drink packages are almost always more expensive on the ship. You can purchase now and if the price drops, cancel for refund and book again. You can register for your Roll Call on your specific sailing and others in the group will help watch for sales.

19 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Not a stupid question at all. I wondered the same thing until someone told me. It will show up in your cruise planner. Not all sales apply to every sailing. Sometimes you will receive an email, but not always. I check my cruise planner at least once a week.

Drink packages are almost always more expensive on the ship. You can purchase now and if the price drops, cancel for refund and book again. You can register for your Roll Call on your specific sailing and others in the group will help watch for sales.

Thank you so much Wilson! I'lll just keep checking!  What is the Roll Call? I haven't sailed since 1986 so this is all so new again! LOL 

12 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Thank you so much Wilson! I'lll just keep checking!  What is the Roll Call? I haven't sailed since 1986 so this is all so new again! LOL 

HaHa. Welcome back to cruising. CruiseCritic.com has a Roll Call section and you can search here https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/

There are also Roll Calls on Facebook as well.

Our cruise on Rhapsody  in Feb. has some of the drink pkgs. on sale . Not the deluxe and it was only this weekend.   And don"t forget to add the 18 % gratuity to the final total.  One has to be pro active these days and constantly check e mails,  roll call, RC web site and RC Blog etc.   RC Blog is extremely informative and helpful.

13 hours ago, Wilson said:

HaHa. Welcome back to cruising. CruiseCritic.com has a Roll Call section and you can search here https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/

13 hours ago, Wilson said:

Great!! I'll follow Roll Call. I really find Cruise Critic quite informative too! thanks again so much Wilson!

Alexina

4 minutes ago, Alexia31 said:

Hi guys,

If I want to buy the drink pack. for my husband, do I need to buy  one for me too ? I do not drink alcohol at all....

There is no deal for Symphony December 2018 and I am afraid I'll never see one;-)

Thanks,

For now the answer is "NO", however Royal Caribbean is "experimenting" on one ship (Harmony I believe) until November 18th.  After than all bets are off.  I think all of us are assuming if we buy our package before then, even if they change the policy we will already be covered.  I wouldn't wait to buy your husbands

1 hour ago, Alexia31 said:

Hi guys,

If I want to buy the drink pack. for my husband, do I need to buy  one for me too ? I do not drink alcohol at all....

There is no deal for Symphony December 2018 and I am afraid I'll never see one;-)

Thanks,

As of now no except on Harmony as a test. My advice is to buy it now if it's available before they implement the requirement that everyone in the cabin must have it. 

7 hours ago, jce2 said:

Alexina

For now the answer is "NO", however Royal Caribbean is "experimenting" on one ship (Harmony I believe) until November 18th.  After than all bets are off.  I think all of us are assuming if we buy our package before then, even if they change the policy we will already be covered.  I wouldn't wait to buy your husbands

I especially agree with your last point.

Someone at Cruise Critic who was on Allure of the Seas recently reported that when trying to buy a drink package onboard, they were told that both of them in the cabin needed to purchase the package.

On 8/20/2017 at 7:12 PM, Wilson said:

Drink packages are almost always more expensive on the ship.

I've been buying my drink packages before the cruise, and in one case, it would have been cheaper for me to buy it onboard due to a Diamond discount they were offering (30% off the onboard price, if I remember right). The problem is that a Crown & Anchor discount isn't guaranteed, and the pricing itself isn't even a constant as it varies from ship to ship.

19 hours ago, Alexia31 said:

You do not.  You can buy drinks a la carte for yourself.

19 hours ago, Alexia31 said:

That's really far away for any real promotions.  If they show up, it's more like 6-9 months from sail date.

• 4 weeks later...

At one time I had four active booking and drink packages were not the same price in any of them.  It seems RCI monitors and adjust them on a cruise by cruise basis, even for the same ship.  For Grandeur 9 day in August it was $41 per day.  Cheapest I've seen it.  Harmony in a few weeks was $46 per day.  Navigator in December was full price $55 per day.  (all before the gratuity)

On other forums users report varying prices.  Speculation on my part but it seems if the packages are selling well for a particular sailing they'll remove the pre-cruise discounts.   This occurred to me on the Allure in May.  You are best to buy it when ever you see it discounted.  If it goes on sale further you can always refund your original purchase and re-purchase at the lower price.  Once the discount is gone, it's gone.