Beverage Package Confirmation?

I'm new to this forum and am sure this has been discussed. Do both adults in the same cabin now have to take the beverage package? I keep reading different answers. Trying to decide it it's worth it, we have a Suite booked so we can use the Consierge Lounge, we drink mostly water during the day. Any help would be appreciated. thank you! 

Yes...be safe and book it is my recommendation...can always cancel before the cruise if you change your mind. Often there is 20% off when you pre-book.....plus its nice to have it loaded when you board the ship on your card.

it will be fleet wide by 2018.......if they can charge people double and make more $ from it....of course they are!!

1 minute ago, songbirdcc2002 said:

Just to clarify, only 1 person in the stateroom needs to have the package for both to drink from?  For example, I would have the package, therefore I would get us both drinks?  I'm so new to all of this...

No....only the person with the drink package can drink on it..the other person would pay per drink.

13 minutes ago, songbirdcc2002 said:

Just to clarify, only 1 person in the stateroom needs to have the package for both to drink from?  For example, I would have the package, therefore I would get us both drinks?  I'm so new to all of this...

monctonguy, answered correctly, only the person with the package should drink off of it, but your comment above is why RCI is thinking of forcing all adults in a stateroom to buy the package.

I've been on many RCCL cruises, in my past life (ha ha!) and those ships are in a scrap yard now so this drink package is all new to me, they didn't offer back then. I'm on sailing May 2018 so book the drink package for one now and we would be good even though we're sailing in 2018?? 

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

I've been on many RCCL cruises, in my past life (ha ha!) and those ships are in a scrap yard now so this drink package is all new to me, they didn't offer back then. I'm on sailing May 2018 so book the drink package for one now and we would be good even though we're sailing in 2018?? 

Based on the way things are now ..... yes ...... but keep in mind, there is no sharing ..... it's because of others abusing it that this experiment is happening.  Basically, those that couldn't follow the rules ruining it for everyone

6 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Yes, book now verses booking later (2018) the prices tend to trend upwards the closer you get to your cruise date.

20 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Based on the way things are now ..... yes ...... but keep in mind, there is no sharing ..... it's because of others abusing it that this experiment is happening.  Basically, those that couldn't follow the rules ruining it for everyone

I figured like you said it was the abuse of the program. I see you are on Grandeur, we are on 5 nights next may from Baltimore, planning 2 more as well I'm hoping it's nice, husbands first cruise!

I think what you are asking is....if I book now for just 1 of us and they change the rules to require both persons to purchase a package, will they honor the single drinks package that I purchase now ?

We certainly can't say for certain but in most cases, Royal will honor the conditions under which you original purchase was made.  So, I would say....yes, if you purchase 1 package now, even if they change the rules down the road, they NOT require both of you to purchase a package once onboard.  This is only my opinion and is based purely on the fact that Royal has always honored the conditions under which a purchase is originally made, even if they rules change in the interim.  I certainly hope that I am not proven wrong here, as it will be the first time ever....and I want to keep my record in tact...:9_innocent:  LOL

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think what you are asking is....if I book now for just 1 of us and they change the rules to require both persons to purchase a package, will they honor the single drinks package that I purchase now ?

We certainly can't say for certain but in most cases, Royal will honor the conditions under which you original purchase was made.  So, I would say....yes, if you purchase 1 package now, even if they change the rules down the road, they NOT require both of you to purchase a package once onboard.  This is only my opinion and is based purely on the fact that Royal has always honored the conditions under which a purchase is originally made, even if they rules change in the interim.  I certainly hope that I am not proven wrong here, as it will be the first time ever....and I want to keep my record in tact...:9_innocent:  LOL

I promise I will not hold you accountable! At this point, we are spending so much $$ on future cruises too, may as well get both of us signed up! LOL Hubby thinks we only need one so we shall see. Thank you!!

3 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

I promise I will not hold you accountable! At this point, we are spending so much $$ on future cruises too, may as well get both of us signed up! LOL Hubby thinks we only need one so we shall see. Thank you!!

You need TWO if yo are both drinking!  There is no grey area here

40 minutes ago, jce2 said:

You need TWO if yo are both drinking!  There is no grey area here

jce2, I'm aware that we would need two, like I said we have the Concierge etc so I'm thinking of just getting one for me, and have Hubby pay for his, all I was saying at this point with all the money we re spending what's a few extra hundreds to get him the package as well.