Explorer of the seas Tender times Maui

Minniski

The actual journey is not but 15 minutes. You (likely) may have to wait in line (pre and post) so your results may vary. 

FUN FACT: Royal uses 2 of the ships lifeboats for the tendering! I gotta admit there have been many muster drills I asked myself how can all these people in my muster station fit on that tiny boat above us? And, I bet a million dollars that boat above us smells, well....like a nasty, unused boat. WRONG! The boats hold 150 people fairly comfortably, no unpleasant odor, and they do have a car radio in them so there was a local radio station playing for our Hawaii trip last September. The boats ran throughout the night.

That being said, one of our all time Top 10 if not Top 5 excursions we have ever taken was the Maui Sunset Dinner Cruise. You would be a fool to miss the opportunity. The food was good but the view.......WOW! The companies that offer these dinner cruises are right at the pier the tender docks at. Easy peasy.

If you are a vintage rock n' roll fan I would highly recommend stopping by Mick Fleetwood's place, Fleetwoods. Yeah, Mick Fleetwood owns a bar on Maui! And since he lives on the island, by all accounts; frequents the place often! It's a classy joint and fills up fast so you'll likely need a reservation to dine but my wife caved to my obsession and we just had drinks at the bar. Those drinks were Maui priced (about $15 a piece) but to have a drink named after a Harry Nilsson song in Mick Fleetwoods bar....I might as well have been in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. No Mick Fleetwood sighting on my visit, but in no way did it take away from an awesome experience.