Disembarkation at Southampton

Far too early! 

On every cruise line I have been on I have been well off by 8:30am. Lie DocLC said it normally depends on the time you dock (Which is normally around 6:00am) but you can expect they will want you off by 9am at the very latest (And out of your cabin by 8am).

I would love to see a documentary on the work that ends to be done from when they dock Actually probably more like 9pm the night before) to when they leave port with the new group of passengers. It must be a very well orchestrated machine. 

It must be a very well orchestrated machine. 

I watched refueling barges pull up alongside the Liberty very early in Galveston ... the Carnival ship at our bow was already refueling from a barge.  Forklifts all over the place were moving dollies of bags to the claim area while refrigeration trucks were already unloading chow by the pallet and forking them aboard.  Balconies, etc.  were prepared for a good scrubbing of the ship ahead of departure.  The  crews looked like they had done this a few times ... or to put it another way  "a well oiled machine".

pops 

1 hour ago, EmersonNZ said:

I would love to see a documentary on the work that ends to be done from when they dock Actually probably more like 9pm the night before) to when they leave port with the new group of passengers. It must be a very well orchestrated machine. 

This is one of my favorite cruise ship documentaries, but it only covers the food services. 

Arrival at Southampton is usually around 6am with staggered disembarkation thereafter.  I think the latest is around 9am. 

I noticed when I cruised last month from Southampton that you could opt for an "excursion" to stay on board - for a fee - Royal Caribbean will take care of your luggage so you just keep hand luggage and can use the pool, have lunch etc

On 8/13/2017 at 0:42 PM, GrubbyGrubbles said:

Hi everyone

Can someone please remind me what time we have to get off the ship by at the end of a cruise?  I can't find any information in the paperwork and the website seems to be down.

Thanks in advance.

Hi GrubbyGrubbles , Southampton is my home port and we always sail from there and we always opt for self walk off ( which means keep your bags in your room and take them off your self) so we can disembark as soon as the ship is cleared by customs (after our last breakfast onboard though)or you can stay till around midday i think as we have seen that you can pay a little extra to stay and have lunch before you go.

If you have to catch an early flight self walk off is very useful as you can get to the airport asap.