Rhapsody for sale- Attention Matt!

Looking at other boats on the site Rhapsody is actually pretty good value.... There is another cruise ship on there for $350m and another $400m... I think we should consider buying all 3 and start our own RCL Podcast cruise line.... http://www.yachtworld.com/boats-for-sale/?&No=0  

10 hours ago, EmersonNZ said:

Looking at other boats on the site Rhapsody is actually pretty good value.... There is another cruise ship on there for $350m and another $400m... I think we should consider buying all 3 and start our own RCL Podcast cruise line.... http://www.yachtworld.com/boats-for-sale/?&No=0  

Where do I mail the check! :8_laughing:

On 8/14/2017 at 9:52 AM, coneyraven said:

The same rumor has been floating around regarding Grandeur ..... notice I use the word RUMOR.......  In my opinion, all ships are for sail if someone is willing to pay.  As for Grandeur, cruises are being booked into 2019 .

coneyraven, i am booked on Grandeur for May 2018, and I see you have her booked and been on her. I booked her for 2 reasons, it's close to home (Delaware) and I like the smaller ships. I take it she's still a great ship if you are still going on her?  This will be my husbands first cruise so I'm hoping it's nice!

2 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

coneyraven, i am booked on Grandeur for May 2018, and I see you have her booked and been on her. I booked her for 2 reasons, it's close to home (Delaware) and I like the smaller ships. I take it she's still a great ship if you are still going on her?  This will be my husbands first cruise so I'm hoping it's nice!

He will love it. ...... we went on her for the first time last September (it was my wife's first cruise) --- it was absolutely amazing .... The staff, the fellow passengers, the food ..... nothing negative in my book.  The one coming up next month is an identical cruise to the one last September, and the one in 2018 is a 7-nighter to Bermuda.  We couldn't pass that one up.  Like you, we are somewhat local, 2.5 hours due west of Baltimore.  We are both in our early 50's and the ship, in our minds, is sort of like Goldilocks..... not too big, not too small,....... just right.

9 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

He will love it. ...... we went on her for the first time last September (it was my wife's first cruise) --- it was absolutely amazing .... The staff, the fellow passengers, the food ..... nothing negative in my book.  The one coming up next month is an identical cruise to the one last September, and the one in 2018 is a 7-nighter to Bermuda.  We couldn't pass that one up.  Like you, we are somewhat local, 2.5 hours due west of Baltimore.  We are both in our early 50's and the ship, in our minds, is sort of like Goldilocks..... not too big, not too small,....... just right.

9 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Oh you made my day!!! thank you so much!  Looking at the larger RCCL ships, it just seems too much. (plus if you don't want to travel your choices are limited, with Grandeur or Carnival pride. I have us booked on the Pride in Sept 2018 so I'm hoping that's ok too! We may end up driving to Cape Liberty at one point or fly but for now this is great! Thank you again!! 

How about RC keep the Rhapsody, cut it in half and add another section like they did with the Enchantment and then sell the Majesty of the Seas for scrap.  Its an old dilapidated ship and my wife and I are furious that they based it in Port Canaveral, which we live very close to.  We refuse to go out on that ship and its really slowed down our weekend cruising!!!  At least we got the Oasis for week long cruises.  

22 minutes ago, NeonD7 said:

How about RC keep the Rhapsody, cut it in half and add another section like they did with the Enchantment and then sell the Majesty of the Seas for scrap.  Its an old dilapidated ship and my wife and I are furious that they based it in Port Canaveral, which we live very close to.  We refuse to go out on that ship and its really slowed down our weekend cruising!!!  At least we got the Oasis for week long cruises.  

It wasn't cost effective to cut the ship in half and add a section, which is why it was only done once. Carnival did something similar with turning the Destiny into Sunshine, but added a deck instead, but this was also a one shot deal as it was more expensive and involved than previously thought.