Packages Likely on 21 Night Transpacific?

LauraW77

Hey Cruisers,

*warning....newbie approaching*

Hubby and I are off on a 21 night Transpacific in October 2018. When booking our cruise with TA and discussing the drinks packages, she said it was not likely packages (drinks or meals) would be offered on such a long cruise.

Can anybody confirm or deny this statement for me?

I have checked through the boards and couldn't find anything relevant, so thought I would ask myself.

Thanks!

Laura.

6 hours ago, LauraW77 said:

Hey Cruisers,

*warning....newbie approaching*

Hubby and I are off on a 21 night Transpacific in October 2018. When booking our cruise with TA and discussing the drinks packages, she said it was not likely packages (drinks or meals) would be offered on such a long cruise.

Can anybody confirm or deny this statement for me?

I have checked through the boards and couldn't find anything relevant, so thought I would ask myself.

Thanks!

Laura.

Interesting comment by your TA. Have you checked your cruise planner on line? I would start there/ Even though your cruise is over a year away I'm sure Royal would have something on line. By the way welcome to the message board!:27_sunglasses:

I can't see why there wouldn't be. There is on the 21 day Transpacific cruise. At the end of the day they are charging you for the packages by the day so it really doesn't matter to them if it is 5 days 10 day or 21 days. I imagine they will also have a formula that works out how much they need to charge per day for the cruise depending on how many sea days there are so again U can't see why they wouldn't offer a drink package.... same of course will go for the dining packages.

While there may well be a drink package offered, it might not be a bad idea to consider whether it would be fully worth it for that TP itinerary. First thought I had when seeing the question was, "Holy drink fatigue, Batman!"

I know it's possible to still get your money's worth from a drink package without having only alcoholic drinks and just throwing in some premium coffees, fresh squeezed juices, etc. But to me that's still a lot to be drinking over that long a time.

Also, how many port days vs sea days do you have? If it's really port intensive before you start "crossing the pond", it might not be worthwhile just because of all the time not on the ship.

Those same thoughts went through my mind, @JLMoran. Even on the non alcoholic package, it's hard to get value on the long cruises. MSC has just introduced tiered pricing on their drink packages with people paying less per night on longer (10+ night) cruises than shorter cruises, so maybe this will catch in across the industry. Royal's pricing could already account for this, too, I guess. 

Morning,

Thanks for all the replies. Nothing comes up on my cruise planner yet, I think because it's so far away still.

Only 10 ports being visited. I am just wanting to try and budget it all in. We are not huge drinkers, but the coffee, water and Diet Coke will probably add up if we have a cocktail/beer or two mid afternoon and a couple of wines with dinner. I think I will just budget $100 a day, which is about $75US for the two of us.

Thank you.

Happy Sunday!

Laura.