Voyager of the Seas Inside Cabin Deck 6

For the very first time we have booked a "'guarantee inside cabin" and been allocated a cabin on deck 6 on Voyager which is above the dining room towards the back of the ship. Can anyone please tell me if we are going to hear the noise from the dining room at night after 10pm or very early mornings? We are seniors and I'm a very light sleeper, so I'm hoping there is no noise from below us. We have always chosen our cabins on previous cruises and always had cabins below and above, so this is a new experience for us. The cruise is quite a while away as it is for next Feb 2018, but we have already been given a cabin number.   Hope someone can help?

I subscribe to cruisedeckplans.com and there are no warnings listed for deck 6, so I think you'll be okay. In addition, kitchen noises tend to come from above, not below, and usually entails that sound of trolleys being moved or things being dragged across the deck. The only time I've heard anything from below a cabin was when we were above a lounge. During show time, we could hear the music in our cabin, most noticeably in the bathroom. But it only happened a couple of times in the evening.

Keep in mind that just because you booked a "'guarantee inside cabin", this does not mean you cannot move. Find the cabin that you want, in the same category, and ask your agent to move you. We have booked "'guarantee cabins" a couple of times and moved to a preferred location at no charge. Welcome to Royal Caribbean Blog!

Thankyou Wilson, I actually booked through RCI directly on line and booked 2 cruises back to back, with the second cruise, whilst still being an inside cabin it was on deck 7 (which we were able to choose). We could only afford the 2 cruises by choosing inside cabins, and really wanted to do the 24 days (first cruise is 10 and then 14 days).  I rang them and asked if we could have the same cabin for both cruises on deck 7, but the one we chose for the 2nd cruise wasn't available. The only offer they gave to us was another cabin on deck 8, which of course is a great deck to be on, but it was going to cost us over $500 more, which we couldn't do. I will phone them again during the week and see if there is anything else they can offer us for the same price.  We would probably be ok with any inside cabin on decks 7, 8 or 9 as they all have cabins below and above. 

My only suggestion is try a white noise machine to block out any possible sounds from above or below.  I don't care for them, but they help my wife year round, and probably help me on the cruise (but I don't admit that to her ?).

24 nights...Let use know how that goes, I'd love to do that someday!

On 8/5/2017 at 5:16 PM, CruisingSoulmates said:

For the very first time we have booked a "'guarantee inside cabin" and been allocated a cabin on deck 6 on Voyager which is above the dining room towards the back of the ship. Can anyone please tell me if we are going to hear the noise from the dining room at night after 10pm or very early mornings? We are seniors and I'm a very light sleeper, so I'm hoping there is no noise from below us. We have always chosen our cabins on previous cruises and always had cabins below and above, so this is a new experience for us. The cruise is quite a while away as it is for next Feb 2018, but we have already been given a cabin number.   Hope someone can help?

We ate the last shift ... I'd say at 10pm  the lights are out in the MDR.  The smell of bacon and coffee  in the mornings on deck 6 will remind you of grandma's house and that old wood burning stove. :1_grinning: