New Pricing Structure

tiny260

I couldn't decide to start a new thread our add too another thread, but decided on a new thread.

It has to do with the new pricing strategy, refundable, non-refundable, etc, etc., and a lot of you may already know this, I had not seen it on RCCL web site yet so I wanted to post this information.

I was researching a cruise that I want to take in either 2019 or 2020 (I know 2020 are not out yet, OCD ring a bell), so I was looking at the 2019 12 night South Pacific-Fiji cruise out of Sydney, so I picked the 3-17-19 cruise, clicked "Book now", number of cabins, number of people, type of cabin (Suite), (This is the new part), do I want refundable or non-refundable deposit? I pick refundable, because there is only $67pp difference between the two, go to the next page to select what type of suite, I'm only given the choice of Ocean View Panoramic or a Junior, well I really want a Grand or Owners, so I go back and pick non-refundable, I'm presented with Panoramic, Junior, Grand and Owners. Besides the differences of them limiting what room types you see there was also a difference of non-refundable having an instant $100 OBC, they both offered the current BOGO offer and the discounts for them looked similar, i didn't actually calculate them out, so not 100% confident that they were the same. I did use the Junior as a comparison since it was on both and the non-refundable was cheaper on the base rate by $71, the categories all looked the same they were both offering J3 and J4.

I know a lot of you use TA, and so do I, I was just doing a little research and was surprised by the web page hiding room types depending on Refundable vs non-refundable. Now this is a pretty specific example and I didn't do this comparison for any other cruise destinations, IE. Caribbean, Alaska etc..

Please fill me in if I missed something...

Raye, yes, I called and got rates, this was more of a fact gathering mission verses getting the best price, mainly because I'm leaning more towards the 2020 date, so I won't be able to actually book it until April'ish of next year. I wished I would have thought about what Doc pointed out, would have saved me a bunch of typing...

Thanks all.