Amiga Island Experience

rjac

Not sure if this is a new excursion for Labadee or not. We will be there next March on the Allure and I am wondering if anyone here  has done this particular excursion. (This is not the Sandbar Island Getaway nor the Sandbar Island Adult Party.) Will be interested in any comments good or bad, thanks!:27_sunglasses:

I visited Amiga last March.  Great time!

its very simple and laid back.  Only 36 persons per trip, two trips per day, wade ashore in about 2' of water.  Small tiki bar, plenty of loungers, hammocks, outdoor chairs/tables.  You can walk the circumference in about 15 minutes at a slow pace.  The crew of the boat are first rate.  one was the "owner"... the island is on a 99 year lease that his grandmother now holds since the passing of his grandfather.  

There will be a few locals boating out and hanging around the periphery of the main landing spot to sell you their wares, but only a few and very low key.  

I will be going again!

3 hours ago, PRC said:

I visited Amiga last March.  Great time!

its very simple and laid back.  Only 36 persons per trip, two trips per day, wade ashore in about 2' of water.  Small tiki bar, plenty of loungers, hammocks, outdoor chairs/tables.  You can walk the circumference in about 15 minutes at a slow pace.  The crew of the boat are first rate.  one was the "owner"... the island is on a 99 year lease that his grandmother now holds since the passing of his grandfather.  

There will be a few locals boating out and hanging around the periphery of the main landing spot to sell you their wares, but only a few and very low key.  

I will be going again!

Thanks for the comments and photos, PRC. This should seal the deal for my wife!

• 2 years later...