Glow Party

1 hour ago, FManke said:

What is that?

Usually, after you fulfill your drink quota for the day on your ultimate drink package, you will have quite a glow on. The friendly bartenders will point you in the right direction for the party, which is typically at the end of the bar with all the other glow-ees.:27_sunglasses:

12 minutes ago, rjac said:

Usually, after you fulfill your drink quota for the day on your ultimate drink package, you will have quite a glow on. The friendly bartenders will point you in the right direction for the party, which is typically at the end of the bar with all the other glow-ees.:27_sunglasses:

Oh I see. I haven't been to one of those in a few years. I didn't recognize it, as we didn't call it that back then! :10_wink:

2 hours ago, Mushroom said:

Is there a glow party on Harmony?

(2 months to go, working on packing list) :11_blush:

1 hour ago, FManke said:

What is that?

22 minutes ago, rjac said:

Wait, it's not the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling?????  :)

20 minutes ago, rjac said:

I somehow don't think we are talking about the same party LOL

8 minutes ago, FManke said:

Really, what is it?

Now, I don't know what it is, never heard of it, so I'm going out on a limb here ..... Pretty much a party where the lights are turned down and the place is lit up by people wearing glow in the dark items, glow sticks, glow bands, etc.

Actually, as I think about it, that'd be pretty cool in the VCL.

Mark

3 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Now, I don't know what it is, never heard of it, so I'm going out on a limb here ..... Pretty much a party where the lights are turned down and the place is lit up by people wearing glow in the dark items, glow sticks, glow bands, etc.

Actually, as I think about it, that'd be pretty cool in the VCL.

Mark

So it's like a rave, without the drugs? :10_wink:

1 hour ago, FManke said:

Illegal drugs....

...and that's how I found myself explaining to Mexican authorities that I'd misunderstood the concept of a particular theme party.

In answer to the original question, as far as I know there is not a glow party on RCI - but this seems like a neat (and low cost) idea which might reasonate well with some of their biggest customer profiles.

3 minutes ago, iamjohnbamber said:

Can I bring glow sticks on board? If so there's totally gonna be glow parties everywhere... 

[checks prohibited items list]

You're good - but you must provide phot evidence of you playing with glow sticks in super weird places.  I suggest an elvator party.

27 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

[checks prohibited items list]

You're good - but you must provide phot evidence of you playing with glow sticks in super weird places.  I suggest an elvator party.

Elevator party, now that is a really cool idea! Of course, it will have some ups and downs.:27_sunglasses:

I know some nights on some cruises they have had a white party...kinda the same idea?

I think NCL has more of these theme party's on the pool deck or in the clubs...

if anything with RCCL, I have found the night life is not much at all...on one whole class of ships(Freedom or Voyager?) didn't they get rid of the 2 level night clubs which were packed the one cruise I was lucky enough to get on before they changed them.

7 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I know some nights on some cruises they have had a white party...kinda the same idea?

I think NCL has more of these theme party's on the pool deck or in the clubs...

if anything with RCCL, I have found the night life is not much at all...on one whole class of ships(Freedom or Voyager?) didn't they get rid of the 2 level night clubs which were packed the one cruise I was lucky enough to get on before they changed them.

I think it was Voyager ..... for example, Navigator had, The Crypt which, I believe is where Sabor is now.

20 hours ago, FManke said:

Really, what is it?

Apparently on Allure, it was a dance party in Studio B. Mind you, my info came from some YouTube videos so I don't know the official words. This is my first time with RCL. I was just wondering if I need to pack glow-in-the-dark stuff for my son. Nothing to do with the "adult" version. :4_joy:

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

I know some ships used to have a "silent" party which was fun....but again that was a few years ago and not much seems to go on during the evenings besides the sit down and listen to some performers sing or play.

Scott Stein was recently on a cruise and they had the "silent" party, so it still exists.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Am I the only who finds it humorous that the person asking about a glow party, with all the associated innuendo that's followed, goes by the screen name "Mushroom"?

Magic ones, perhaps? :6_smile:

I'm having a college back flash....

25 minutes ago, rjac said:

Did they provide the headphones or was it bring your own? Interesting idea!

We looked in and left. If memory (a little cloudy from drink pkg) serves me correctly, everyone seemed to be wearing same headphones. 

On 28/07/2017 at 1:52 PM, JLMoran said:

Am I the only who finds it humorous that the person asking about a glow party, with all the associated innuendo that's followed, goes by the screen name "Mushroom"?

Magic ones, perhaps? :6_smile:

Coincidence, I swear!  ;)