Places to eat in Cozumel

6 minutes ago, ocalatim01 said:

I'd love to get a list of great places to eat in Cozumel. We will have kids in our group so has to be kid friendly and family valued priced, please...Thanks

El Coctelito is a family friendly place within walking distance of the port. Google for location and menu, not overly priced either. This isn't a "Taco Bell" either, authentic Mexican food.  Nice outdoor seating as well as indoors. Enjoy!:27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Comidas Caseras Tonita is my favorite.  Very affordable! https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/03/10/restaurant-review-comidas-caseras-tonita

I've been trying to do the logistics for our day in Coz in January...we are going to Nachi, but I think we might 

leave around 2 or 3 and head into town.  I'd love to eat at this restaurant; do they have siesta?  I'd hate to 

leave early and find that they're closed.

I can't freaking wait to get there.  

I highly recommend El Palomar.  Is a short walk from Plaza Benito Juarez.  I'd say the food is as good or better than Comidas Caseras Tonita (which is very good), but the views are infitiely better as it's right across from the water.  Further they sell beer - and CCT does not.  Oh, and they take credit cards.

Watch, this will become @Matt's favorite place in about 55 days. :10_wink:

We also enjoy The Pub Cozumel, which is a British expat pub, and they actually have very good Mexican food.

When we were on Liberty in April our server at Sabor happened to be from Cozumel and he recommended a place called the Thirsty Cougar. It's not where you go if you're looking for a totally authentic Mexican food experience, and he told us that. We weren't sure if we should try it or not but figured we might as well check it out since we didn't know anywhere else to go. We also checked Yelp, Trip Advisor, and everywhere else and it was highly rated everywhere, usually 4.5+ out of 5 stars so it's no secret.

We really loved the chicken nachos and we had intended to order something else after the nachos, but they were so big that we didn't have any more room for a meal. In our opinion the nachos were as good as any we have ever had. They also have a lot of very interesting types margaritas. The most interesting was probably the frozen chocolate peanut butter margarita pictured below, we didn't try that one though. The staff was incredibly friendly and seemed happy to have us there.

It is located right across the street from the ocean in the forum shops area. It's a small place and the majority of the tables are outside where you can see the ocean and some cruise ships. I definitely recommend it as a place to stop in and grab a margarita and some nachos you can easily share with someone. I can't speak to the entrees because we didn't try them, but based on their reviews I'm sure they're good too.

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4700.PNG

IMG_4702.PNG

IMG_4701.PNG

IMG_4699.PNG