MTD Reservation Question

ABFrenchie

I've read it is recommended that you make reservations each night with MTD - playing around in the cruise planner and I can't figure out how it's done.  When I select "Plan all cruise dining" I'm taken to what looks like a reservations page.  However, when I select the day/guests, I only see times for and can only make reservations for Specialty Dining.  The following text appears under the My Time Dining option - "your dining selection will not allow you to create, modify, or cancel Complimentary dining." 

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Are you sure when you originally booked your cruise, that you selected "My Time dining" as your option?  Also, it is a bit confusing as MTD reservations appear in the planner in the same section as the specialty dining so it may appear like it is something you pay for, but it isnt

Yep, I am confirmed for My Time Dining! My Time Dining does appear in the same section as the specialty restaurants.  However, unlike the specialty restaurant options, which have times listed underneath for reservations, My Time Dining does not.  It just says "your dining selection will not allow you to create, modify, or cancel Complimentary dining." 

Others have posted that they were having problems doing this, too. They were able to call and get it resolved. 

For what it's worth, I've never made advanced reservations for MTD and never had a problem. I like the ability to be flexible. 

3 hours ago, DocLC said:

Others have posted that they were having problems doing this, too. They were able to call and get it resolved. 

For what it's worth, I've never made advanced reservations for MTD and never had a problem. I like the ability to be flexible. 

I would prefer to not make reservations! It's just my husband and I, so I tend to think a table for 2 is easier to come by?  With MTD, are you seated at a private table, with another group, or possibly both? We have a preference for dining on our own. 

30 minutes ago, ABFrenchie said:

I would prefer to not make reservations! It's just my husband and I, so I tend to think a table for 2 is easier to come by?  With MTD, are you seated at a private table, with another group, or possibly both? We have a preference for dining on our own. 

You can request a table for two or join a table with others. We tend to request a table for 2; sometimes there's 3 of us if my son is dining with us. In all cases, there's been either no wait to only a very short wait. Approximately 6:30-7:30 seems to be busiest, so if you can eat before or after these times, you'll have a very short wait. Before 6 and after 8 seem to be ideal. The only night where I might consider a reservation is on formal night, but even without one we had a relatively short (about 15-20 minute) wait, and only once in well over 100 nights of my time dining.

I've always had MTD in the past, and never made any reservations. Just walk up, tell the person at the desk "table for two please", they get your cabin number, ask you to wait a minute as they decide which table, and you head in. Never waited more than 2 minutes. The beauty of MTD. Eat whenever you want.