Another online check in question

As others have mentioned you don't have to - the process is just meant to speed up check-in, not a big deal.

If you have a phone with a camera just take a quick pic against a white (or light) wall.  Either way it shouldn't be an issue.

This is only done for check-in on Quantum Class ships as well as Harmony of the Seas.

2 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

90 days and online check in is required.  But the advantage is, they have all of your info and it speeds the boarding process.

To clarify I meant what is the advantage to doing it as soon as possible (say 90 days out), as opposed to waiting (lets say 14 days) out.  Besides your own piece of mind, does it affect your boarding time etc.?  I know there are definite advantages to getting check-in done early for some airlines (Southwest especially), but for others it really has no effect.

18 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

Checking in sooner than later will allow you first crack at arrival times - but to be honest it really doesn't matter with the way RCI does things.  Perhaps there is a benefit I'm not thinking of.

Officially that's true.  But, as you said, it doesn't seem to matter.  Plus, if you're Diamond or better it definitely doesn't matter.

3 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

Officially that's true.  But, as you said, it doesn't seem to matter.  Plus, if you're Diamond or better it definitely doesn't matter.

Yup.  I only recently became Platinum (haven't checked in as anything but new or gold) and aside from my Emp sailing I don't think it ever took more than 30 mins curb to ship, and half of that was waiting for check in to begin as I arrive early

6 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I never had to upload a picture .... pictures have always been taken at the port..... I wonder if this is ship specific or something new.

This is something that rolled out with Quantum class and has been added to Harmony. It supposed to expedite check-in times.

22 hours ago, Mushroom said:

Part of the first step regarding personal profile, do I HAVE to upload my own picture? Can I do this at the port? I don't have anything fits the requirement.

Thanks!!!

My recommendation is to do it. It saves you time, and I'd rather take 5 minutes to do this at home than take 5 minutes in the port to do it.