Group Cruises

I'm pretty confident that there will always be newbies with each group cruise as the site gets discovered by new people. In addition, there are others like me who aren't new to the site, but haven't yet been able to make it into a group cruise because of family and work obligations. 

12 hours ago, hallyluhopper said:

Just wondering if the same people book the group cruises every time. We will be on Symphony of the Seas group cruise in Nov. 2018. It was be our first group cruise. I am ready to make new friends, but a little nervous too lol. Will we be the only newbies?

Let me tell you something about this group.  I've never met anyone in this group that made me feel like an outsider looking in.  You will be welcomed with open arms...this is the most positive group I've EVER been associated with and I credit that to Matt and his positive outlook on life and cruising.  No need to worry if you are a newbie or not, or left out, or anything like that.  The only way you'll be left out is if you stay in your cabin or avoid the group...which BTW is hard to do!!!

5 hours ago, Big Dawg Ron said:

Let me tell you something about this group.  I've never met anyone in this group that made me feel like an outsider looking in.  You will be welcomed with open arms...this is the most positive group I've EVER been associated with and I credit that to Matt and his positive outlook on life and cruising.  No need to worry if you are a newbie or not, or left out, or anything like that.  The only way you'll be left out is if you stay in your cabin or avoid the group...which BTW is hard to do!!!

Just wait until I join the group, Ron! ;)

Oh wait, we're Facebook friends. I guess that means I need to be nice! :)

In all seriousness, this group is like family and you'll get to that feeling, too, as you get more experience on the boards. I'd also recommend joining Matt's various broadcasts on Facebook, Periscope, and Instagram as many participate there as well. In no time, you'll feel like you no everybody like they were your neighbor--the one's you like; not the crazy ones down the street.

This will be our first group cruise as well.  I know I had asked this question in the past in regards to activities directly related to booking with MEI vs our own TA but I think certain things are special when booked with MEI.   I think Matt can elaborate on this!  

1 hour ago, DocLC said:

Just wait until I join the group, Ron! ;)

Oh wait, we're Facebook friends. I guess that means I need to be nice! :)

In all seriousness, this group is like family and you'll get to that feeling, too, as you get more experience on the boards. I'd also recommend joining Matt's various broadcasts on Facebook, Periscope, and Instagram as many participate there as well. In no time, you'll feel like you no everybody like they were your neighbor--the one's you like; not the crazy ones down the street.

I get what you said, and I didn't think you were being "mean". It is a nice group. It has to be if I am going to book and be part of the group cruise. To be honest. I am great online, but I'm a bit introverted. My hubby on the other hand has no problem talking to people lol ?. I'm still excited about being with this group. I know we are going to have a great time.

1 minute ago, hallyluhopper said:

I get what you said, and I didn't think you were being "mean". It is a nice group. It has to be if I am going to book and be part of the group cruise. To be honest. I am great online, but I'm a bit introverted. My hubby on the other hand has no problem talking to people lol ?. I'm still excited about being with this group. I know we are going to have a great time.

That's the great thing about the group cruise, especially if your introverted. One, you'll already have a sense of who these people are, so it will be easier to interact with them. Two, you aren't required to do anything with the group unless you want to. Some will do everything, while others will just pop in for events here and there. And if you end up hating everybody, which I doubt, the ships are big and you can easily avoid everyone. :)

Personally, I need my alone time, but my wife says I can carry on a conversation with anyone, and even with a wall.

2 minutes ago, Madelyn D said:

at least she knows she gets to go on a B2B cruise for her honeymoon.  I don't get to find out where I'm going until I get to their airport. :2_grimacing:

Exciting and scary at the same time. How do you know what to pack?

1 minute ago, DocLC said:

Exciting and scary at the same time. How do you know what to pack?

Thats what happens when you think you trust your travel agent :9_innocent:She said to pack for a beach vacation and to bring my water shoes. So I'm all packed and I guess I just hope for the best! She has never steered me wrong before!