Top tier Crown and Anchor Society events

Derek Terry

Even if you don't drink, the events can be interesting because you get to hear crew talk about upcoming news/changes as well as it being a good place to meet fellow cruisers who are obviously fans.

The events are hit or miss but they are always quick and I've always found it to be worth my time.

We usually go to these events. Most people go to them for the free hors d'oeuvres and booze, but some do actually go to hear the latest news and updates about Royal Caribbean. As Matt stated though, this part of it can be hit or miss. Most of the information the crew shares is information that most people usually already know.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yep I agree with Matt if you have the time why not, they do give out good food and like Hooper says

on some ships they do the parties in venues you cannot normally see.  I say try one, then

you will know -

many times too if you sail that same ship, the staff may start to recognize you for coming

into the lounges etc and I always think that is a benefit on any line and ship.

Michelle

I also agree that its good they recognize loyalty. Too many companies these days 'recognize' the new comers with great deals and such only to give you the cold shoulder once you're out of contract , etc etc. I think Royal Caribbean ups the ante, even if only in small ways at times, to make you feel more appreciated the longer you stay with them. On our Navigator sailing back in September there were several couples in each category recognized at the gold+ including a few with just plain insane amounts of days sailed racked up. Pro tip that I learned, they all had b2b cruises in common haha.

That was back when Platinum meant something. Now it's just a lowly level on the way to Pinnacle, and I'll admit that I've been looking at ways to rack up points, like sailing in a suite on the 12 night Brilliance cruise, then reality (price) sets in.

Sounds like me with my lottery dreams on how to get to diamond+ in a few 13 day suite cruises solo. Triple points for the win!

• 7 months later...

That was back when Platinum meant something. Now it's just a lowly level on the way to Pinnacle, and I'll admit that I've been looking at ways to rack up points, like sailing in a suite on the 12 night Brilliance cruise, then reality (price) sets in.

Do a couple of 7 day BTB in a Jr Suite - worked for us - wasn't planned that way but what the heck!

I was invited to a "welcome back" or something on my last cruise. I was surprised, as I have cruised many times and never been invited. It was nice just to see others, hear some stories and enjoy a few drinks for free. I am going from gold to platinum on my upcoming cruise and then after my next 2 cruises I should almost be emerald. Once I reach emerald, I am seriously considering doing something like a 14 day transatlantic cruise....they are pretty cheap and that would get me 28-42 points depending on what room I book which would basically bump me all the way to Diamond from emerald. I figure even if the airfare's are a little pricey, its still cheaper than having to fly to another 4-5 cruises to make Diamond.

I will say the top tier event on the Brilliance a couple of weeks ago was nearly as good as the one back in 2006. They had music, performers,moot and cold appetizers, desserts that included chocolate covered strawberries, and you could even order drinks at the bar if you didn't want one of the server passed ones. im wondering, though, if this is limited to longer cruises or the ship as the one on the Jewel wasn't nearly as nice.

I was invited to a "welcome back" or something on my last cruise. I was surprised, as I have cruised many times and never been invited. It was nice just to see others, hear some stories and enjoy a few drinks for free. I am going from gold to platinum on my upcoming cruise and then after my next 2 cruises I should almost be emerald. Once I reach emerald, I am seriously considering doing something like a 14 day transatlantic cruise....they are pretty cheap and that would get me 28-42 points depending on what room I book which would basically bump me all the way to Diamond from emerald. I figure even if the airfare's are a little pricey, its still cheaper than having to fly to another 4-5 cruises to make Diamond.

I'm at Emerald now and I'm all for plans to get you from Emerald to Diamond as quickly as possible.  We will hit diamond after the group cruise on Allure coming up in February!

I have 16 points to go until Diamond, so I might need to squeeze in a cruise and/or upgrade to a junior suite so that I'm Diamond before Europe next summer. Or, I could just sail as a single on the group cruise and rack up double points that way. :)

That would get you 14.  Not that we don't want you to join us!

The solo on Quantum for 8 nights was the best thing I ever did in terms of C&A

• 3 years later...

@mike It doesn’t take a lottery win ?. My family and I booked our first cruise in October 2015. My husband been begging me over 20 years, but I’ve always declined. Anyway, after all of my cruises the next two months I will need two more cruises for diamond plus. That’s 3 years and two months to be exact. ??