A couple questions

1. We are sailing in Crown Loft Suite (myself, wife, 1.5yr old, 4yr old). We are with a group of about 8 other people, none of which are Suite guests. We want my parents to have access to the room to take care of the kids. Can they use the kids sail & sign cards for entry? If so, can the kids cards be flashed to get into the suite lounge or coastal kitchen? Has anyone tried and succeeded? 

2. Is there a $7.95 charge for all room service now? Regardless of what it is? 

Like John, I can't really answer the question, either. However, you can get a "key only" card for your parents so that don't need to use the kids' cards. Also, if you speak to the lounge attendant, it's likely he or she will work with you rather than needing your parents to use the kids' cards.

8 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Like John, I can't really answer the question, either. However, you can get a "key only" card for your parents so that don't need to use the kids' cards. Also, if you speak to the lounge attendant, it's likely he or she will work with you rather than needing your parents to use the kids' cards.

By "speak" do you mean hand them some cash? Is it the same concierge there in the lounge at the entry door every night? If so, what do you think is a good tip for 7 day sailing for the inconvienence of my parents using the lounge in our place?

Tony, you definitely will not have to pay for room service from the MDR.  That much I know for sure.  As long as the food is delivered to your suite you can get as much as you want from the MDR during hours that the MDR is operating.

As for access to the CK/Suites Lounge, I'm not really sure what to suggest to you.  There are 2 Concierges - one in the D Club and 1 on the Suites Lounge but from my experience, there are numerous people at or near the doors of both the CK and the SL so "seeing" the Concierge might not really help you.  It can't hurt to try.  I'm sure that the correct answer is that only suites guests are allowed in the Suites Lounge but I also know that having them go to dinner with you in the CK should be easy to arrange.  The lounge is definitely more problematic than the restaurant.  I would just ask and see what happens but then you're alerting them to the fact that your parents are NOT suites guests so if the answer is not the one you want, then they will know for sure that your parents aren't eligible to be there.

I was in a similar situation last Feb. on Harmony and, in the end, we ended up just not inviting our non-suite guest friends to the lounge b/c we didn't want to make them feel bad that they weren't allowed in and we didn't want to put the Concierge in an uncomfortable position to have to deny them entrance.

One thing I will say....we were in a Star Class suite and our Genie made sure that our [non-suite] friends were always included in any activities that the Genie arranged for us.  They were presented with a bill for specialty dining (we were not) but they were never excluded and they always had reserved seats with us when we went to the theater or the ice show.  I was very grateful to him (our Genie)  for that.

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

By "speak" do you mean hand them some cash? Is it the same concierge there in the lounge at the entry door every night? If so, what do you think is a good tip for 7 day sailing for the inconvienence of my parents using the lounge in our place?

No, "speak" was not a pseudonym for gratuity. Just explain your situation and that they're not booked in suite and you'd like them to join you in lieu of the children. For two, it shouldn't be a problem. All 8 would be a different story.