Use your own MUG for Deluxe drink Package?

I bought a Deluxe Drink Package for our Oasis Cruise and wondered if I could bring a large travel mug to fill at the bars, so I.... a) don't have to keep going up to the bar and wait in line.... b) keep the drink cold over time.  

Will the bartenders fill a big travel mug for me?

Cheers!,

D

30 minutes ago, dr.superman said:

Thanks gang! much appreciated for the responses!

Some say that there is no "time limit" on your next drink ... soooooo why could you not dump the glass, they give you, into your mug then ask for another? (or even go to the next bar and grab another to dumb in your mug)

Nothing says you can't try.  Let us know if it works...

I believe the answer will be a 'no' for health reasons.

Same reason you can't use a refillable bottle at the water fill stations on ships that have them. Passing a used drinking container back and forth is a prime method to transmit norovirus.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

I believe the answer will be a 'no' for health reasons.

Same reason you can't use a refillable bottle at the water fill stations on ships that have them. Passing a used drinking container back and forth is a prime method to transmit norovirus.

Except they do exactly this with the refillable soda mug . . .

I do understand this is why they don't want you refilling water bottles at the self-serve tap. 

5 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Except they do exactly this with the refillable soda mug . . .

I do understand this is why they don't want you refilling water bottles at the self-serve tap. 

Actually, no. You take off the screw lid you drink out of and most bartenders don't even touch the soda mug. They scoop in some ice and swing over the fountain soda dispenser.

2 hours ago, Gears said:

Actually, no. You take off the screw lid you drink out of and most bartenders don't even touch the soda mug. They scoop in some ice and swing over the fountain soda dispenser.

In a perfect world. Not everyone uses the lid and there are also self serve machines on some ships. 

I know that Disney forbid the refilling of cups onboard their ships, but had no problem with guests doing it at their resorts. 

I was curious on this as well. I'll be on oasis sept 3-10 and bought deluxe package for the first time. Anyone have any insight on how well the provided thermos cups work? I'll probably drink too fast for it to matter. Was only thinking of taking a yeti cup for when on the beach at ports. 

@Jason.H. They're fine. It's a plastic dual walled mug with a screw on top. There's no insulation, though, so I wouldn't expect it to do much. I only use the mug on ships that have the free style machines. Otherwise, I leave it behind in the cabin still wrapped in the plastic hoping they'll recycle it as I don't have a need for another one at home. 

I take a Yeti for the pool, most of the bars by the pool have a cold water container that I refill from, but the ships not like you getting anything close to the dispensers, so i use their little plastic cups, fill them up and dump in to my Yeti, that they seem to tolerate, even the Windjammer will let you get away with that, I have a different brand with a screw on lid that I take for the islands,

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2017 at 9:27 AM, DocLC said:

I leave it behind in the cabin still wrapped in the plastic hoping they'll recycle it as I don't have a need for another one at home. 

When I have the drink package I tend not to use the supplied cup, but I save them and use them on cruises when I don't buy a drink package.  As long as the ship has the freestyle machines, a never used "chip" cup seems to work on other ships.  

8 hours ago, twangster said:

When I have the drink package I tend not to use the supplied cup, but I save them and use them on cruises when I don't buy a drink package.  As long as the ship has the freestyle machines, a never used "chip" cup seems to work on other ships.  

Wish I'd known this before I goodwilled all my unused cups lol!  Jane

I didn't actually see a lot of people carrying their cups around. Maybe the age of the crowd, the weather conditions, mostly in the 60's. There aren't any  Freestyle machines on Serenade, so for the couple of times I did use it, I just went to a bar. I guess I could technically use it next time, since it was never activated this time? But then isn't that one of the perceived reasons that they are changing some of the drink package policies? It's kind of the same as drink sharing. Getting something you did not pay for.