New WOW Sale

Skid

FYI, new "sale" just started, runs through Sunday. 50% off 2nd guest plus OBC. Pays to check because it may be different for various ships and sail dates.  However, no surprise at all, the cruise I booked in early June for May 2018 would now net out to $25 more. 

12 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

I just repriced my 2018 Bermuda Cruise that I booked when the itineraries came out  --- Just saved $190 --- So, in my case, this was a good thing ...

Always a great feeling when that happens. I am happy it worked out for you and hopefully some others.

Just now, Skid said:

Always a great feeling when that happens. I am happy it worked out for you and hopefully some others.

Thank You --- and yes, it was a great feeling ..... usually, when I call in, it may be a price drop of just a few dollars..... When I called on Sunday, my jaw just about dropped when I heard the dollar amount ..... Then, I shared with others on my roll call, and I know of another person who was able to save $140 on the same cruise.

2 minutes ago, godukes_2017 said:

@coneyraven  The savings you indicated, is this your Sep or Oct Bermuda upcoming? How is the weather headed out during that time of the year? 

It's October 25th --- Grandeur OTS out of Baltimore --- the weather should be fine... it may be chilly in the evening, and perhaps, cool (I'll bring a hoodie to be safe) as we leave Baltimore, but as a Maryland native, I'm used to it ..... Solarium Day 1 - Outside pool Day 2 and beyond.  I hear the weather in Bermuda is awesome in October.  The only X-factor is the dreaded Tropical Storm, but the fact that we're nearing the end of the season, not worried.  Heck, we're on the September 16th Cruise THIS YEAR to Bermuda, that one makes me watch the weather more.

2 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

It's October 25th --- Grandeur OTS out of Baltimore --- the weather should be fine... it may be chilly in the evening, and perhaps, cool (I'll bring a hoodie to be safe) as we leave Baltimore, but as a Maryland native, I'm used to it ..... Solarium Day 1 - Outside pool Day 2 and beyond.  I hear the weather in Bermuda is awesome in October.  The only X-factor is the dreaded Tropical Storm, but the fact that we're nearing the end of the season, not worried.  Heck, we're on the September 16th Cruise THIS YEAR to Bermuda, that one makes me watch the weather more.

Yes, I watch the weather this time of year as well. Def have to look into it, as Baltimore is closest to us as well in Fredericksburg, VA. Plus always wanted to go to Bermuda. Thanks for the information. 

5 minutes ago, godukes_2017 said:

Yes, I watch the weather this time of year as well. Def have to look into it, as Baltimore is closest to us as well in Fredericksburg, VA. Plus always wanted to go to Bermuda. Thanks for the information. 

Bermuda is AWESOME!!!! - We live 2.5 hours west of Baltimore (just west of Cumberland).  We went there for the first time last September, love it so much, we booked it again THIS September ..... then, when we saw the 1-time 7 night sailing out of Baltimore NEXT October ...... No brainer, SOLD.  As Matt would say, YOLO BOOK IT!!!

56 minutes ago, godukes_2017 said:

Do it! So much to see and do. We have been there 3 times (2 land vacations, 1 cruise). So much to see and do. Don't miss the pink sand and crystal clear water on Horseshoe Bay beach!

20 minutes ago, Skid said:

Do it! So much to see and do. We have been there 3 times (2 land vacations, 1 cruise). So much to see and do. Don't miss the pink sand and crystal clear water on Horseshoe Bay beach!

Def considering it for sure. Like the fact you're docked for a few days to have plenty of time to explore. 

Just be aware if the new price is the non-refundable or "we pick your cabin" option.  Why did they have to make it so complicated!!!! I know I may sound like a broken record but Southwest keeps it simple and straight forward  "transfarency".  

4 minutes ago, godukes_2017 said:

Def considering it for sure. Like the fact you're docked for a few days to have plenty of time to explore. 

Yeah, plus 3 sea days, 1 going out, 2 coming back, PLUS, you're on board for Halloween.  That alone could be a lot of fun.

Well after seeing @coneyraven's post that he saved some nice money on his Bermuda cruise on Grandeur, I was hoping to hear from my TA today with similar good news for my own Bermuda cruise on Anthem in October 2018. Alas, no love from the pricing gods; I guess Anthem is still selling too well to garner me any special savings.

Side note: Interestingly enough, I asked her yesterday if it would make sense to reprice using a non-refundable deposit rate, given the price difference I see online between that and the refundable rate. But she said the price I originally booked at is still better by a good margin, and that she's been seeing Royal's cruise rates spiking upward recently.

I priced my cruise, and now it's $59 less for me...can I call them and request the price difference because of the WOW sale? I booked during the BOGO sale last Sunday. I'm pretty upset. I paid a little over $1074, and now our cruise cost would be just over $1015 :39_angry:...so I wouldn't mind saving that money some way or another to go towards a drink package. (I DID book the refundable deposit, if that makes any difference)

13 minutes ago, SFASUMegan said:

I priced my cruise, and now it's $59 less for me...can I call them and request the price difference because of the WOW sale? I booked during the BOGO sale last Sunday. I'm pretty upset. I paid a little over $1074, and now our cruise cost would be just over $1015 :39_angry:...so I wouldn't mind saving that money some way or another to go towards a drink package. (I DID book the refundable deposit, if that makes any difference)

It depnds if you've passed final payment date yet (and what country you're in).  If you're in the US or Canada and you've not passed final payment date, then this shouldn't be a problem.  If you're in the US or Canada and you're past final payment date then you aren't likely to get the difference, but if a higher category stateroom is now available for what you paid you may be able to upgrade without cost.

Whether we like it or not, prices go up and down with different promotions.  This isn't unique to RCI - it's pretty standard across the cruise industry.  Much like airline tickets your recourse varies, but it's important you're happy with the price you paid when you booked.

25 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

It depnds if you've passed final payment date yet (and what country you're in).  If you're in the US or Canada and you've not passed final payment date, then this shouldn't be a problem.  If you're in the US or Canada and you're past final payment date then you aren't likely to get the difference, but if a higher category stateroom is now available for what you paid you may be able to upgrade without cost.

Whether we like it or not, prices go up and down with different promotions.  This isn't unique to RCI - it's pretty standard across the cruise industry.  Much like airline tickets your recourse varies, but it's important you're happy with the price you paid when you booked.

My final payment date is October 2018, so I have a bit, heh...

I haven't sailed with RCI in awhile so was unsure with how their rates worked, but with Carnival in the past, they didn't always honor their price changes like they said they would. 

I called RCI and got the $135 price difference (it included the $76 OBC), and the booking agent was really pleasant to talk to. 

A side note, every time I've called RCI, their agents have been SO pleasant to speak to. This has not always been my experience with other lines in the past. I really have to give them props for this. 

9 hours ago, SFASUMegan said:

My final payment date is October 2018, so I have a bit, heh...

I haven't sailed with RCI in awhile so was unsure with how their rates worked, but with Carnival in the past, they didn't always honor their price changes like they said they would. 

I called RCI and got the $135 price difference (it included the $76 OBC), and the booking agent was really pleasant to talk to. 

A side note, every time I've called RCI, their agents have been SO pleasant to speak to. This has not always been my experience with other lines in the past. I really have to give them props for this. 

I couldn't agree more --- every time I call them, the wait time isn't too long and they are, without a doubt, the nicest folks to do business with.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:54 AM, coneyraven said:

Bermuda is AWESOME!!!! - We live 2.5 hours west of Baltimore (just west of Cumberland).  We went there for the first time last September, love it so much, we booked it again THIS September ..... then, when we saw the 1-time 7 night sailing out of Baltimore NEXT October ...... No brainer, SOLD.  As Matt would say, YOLO BOOK IT!!!

Love Bermuda too was there last Sept weather was great . We have been there five times total. They were practicing for the cup races when we were there.