Navigator - Gym?

Cjd

Hi all

Thanks for the to here Matt. Top man. 

We are on the Navigator this Saturday for two weeks. Awesome :) Cant wait. 

Questuin (one of many) is about the gym. Is it manned? 

My 15 and 14 year old want to use it with us for pre season rugby conditioning and karate drills. 

Thanks

c

2 minutes ago, Cjd said:

Hi all

Thanks for the to here Matt. Top man. 

We are on the Navigator this Saturday for two weeks. Awesome :) Cant wait. 

Questuin (one of many) is about the gym. Is it manned? 

My 15 and 14 year old want to use it with us for pre season rugby conditioning and karate drills. 

Thanks

c

From what I remember about the Navi gym from our first cruise in 2006 is yes, it is manned with instructors and they had classes in one portion of the gym. I'm sure some more recent Navi cruisers will chime in. If not, check it out your first day on board. Have FUN!!:27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, BrianAlt said:

The gyms are mostly do on your own, other than the classes.  There will be people that work in the gym, but they are either cleaning OR working with people that have paid for something (not the same people).

Correct.  The gym (aka Fitness Center) is a on-your-own experience.  

There are classes offered, that are instructor led, as well as you can reserve time with a personal trainer. In fact, on my Harmony cruise we could pre-book fitness trainer time on the Cruise Planner.

Also, I believe the gym is 16 & up.  The fitness centers are extremely nice - at least on all the ships I have been on.  And, there's a running track on the top full deck.  They have a sign that will tell you how many laps per mile & km.  The only downside is dodging other cruisers who are just strolling on deck. 

Gym is nice on Navigator with some great view of the sea up there.  There were classes offered but seemed to be low impact classes.

I don't remember anything about hiring trainers for sessions and there was a age limit just cant remember what it was(pretty sure 16)

Don't think the age rule depends on whether a parent is present or not so you may want to look into this if its a big concern/deal for your kids cruising.