Southampton Transfer

Looking for a good transfer service from Southampton to Heathrow. We found a transfer from London to Southampton for $40 per person. The transfers that I've looked at so far back to the airport after the cruise are about $100 per person. Not sure why there is such a difference in price. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

We recently (June 29th) used 12 Transfers and were very happy with their service. They had great reviews on TripAdvisor and we're reasonably priced. This was for a private transfer. Other options include the train and National Express bus service. 

How many people?

We paid what amount to $37 per person for 5 people in an 8 passenger van. It's much less for a sedan though. In the past, we've also used the roll calls on Cruise Critic to find others to share a transfer with. 

Not sure the time/date you're looking for, but you may want to check www.trainline.com.  They work with a number of rail companies and make the process quite simple.  The thing to know is the cost can vary a lot depending on time of day.  You can book open (any time) tickets, but they cost quite a bit, but you can also book "open off peak" or "open super off peak" which are restricted to certain windows, but much cheaper.

6 hours ago, DocLC said:

We recently (June 29th) used 12 Transfers and were very happy with their service. They had great reviews on TripAdvisor and we're reasonably priced. This was for a private transfer. Other options include the train and National Express bus service. 

How many people?

We paid what amount to $37 per person for 5 people in an 8 passenger van. It's much less for a sedan though. In the past, we've also used the roll calls on Cruise Critic to find others to share a transfer with. 

We have two groups, one is a group of 6, the other is a group of 10, all 16 adults. We can split the 10 up to make it easier. I'll check out 12 Transfers. Thank you for the suggestion. 

3 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

Not sure the time/date you're looking for, but you may want to check www.trainline.com.  They work with a number of rail companies and make the process quite simple.  The thing to know is the cost can vary a lot depending on time of day.  You can book open (any time) tickets, but they cost quite a bit, but you can also book "open off peak" or "open super off peak" which are restricted to certain windows, but much cheaper.

We'll need the transfer towards the end of October. Thinking is we would like to be picked up around 8am. I'll check out trainline to see if will work for us. Thank you for the recommendation. 

49 minutes ago, Boltswin said:

We have two groups, one is a group of 6, the other is a group of 10, all 16 adults. We can split the 10 up to make it easier. I'll check out 12 Transfers. Thank you for the suggestion. 

I didn't realize it was that large of a group.  A couple of vans may be much cheaper in this case.  Your travel agent should be able to help you with some options.

8 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

I didn't realize it was that large of a group.  A couple of vans may be much cheaper in this case.  Your travel agent should be able to help you with some options.

Completely agree. Two cans will likely run about $320-$350 (about $20-$25 per person). You won't likely find any other transportation that is this affordable for the distance you're needing to travel. In addition, with a private transfer you can pick the time you want to go instead of relying on a preset schedule. 

Thank you both very much for the recommendations. We ended up going with 12 transfers. We reserved two of their largest vehicles (8 passengers) for the 10 of us. it ended up being $87 per couple, which was less than what we were seeing with other companies and royal for one person. I'll follow up once we get back with how it all worked out for anybody else looking to use them.

10 hours ago, Boltswin said:

Thank you both very much for the recommendations. We ended up going with 12 transfers. We reserved two of their largest vehicles (8 passengers) for the 10 of us. it ended up being $87 per couple, which was less than what we were seeing with other companies and royal for one person. I'll follow up once we get back with how it all worked out for anybody else looking to use them.

Please do follow up. I used them in June without incident and opted to try then as they were one of the best reviewed transfer companies. I hope you have a similar pleasant experience. 

32 minutes ago, tkltomp said:

We are doing a Navigator Baltic cruise in June.

We are going to bite the bullet and take the Stonehenge tour which drops us off at Heathrow afterwards.

We just could not resist seeing Stonehenge, but its not cheap.

Can't argue with that. I would have done the same thing had I not left our ship early to spend some extra time elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Petegl said:

Hi I'm cruising June next year out of Southampton flying in from Australia booked with Nationl Express Couches they leave Heathrow about every hour and cost me only £17 Pete.

I considered that option, too. But when we arrived, there were two hour happy in their schedule, so we would have been waiting awhile at the airport. Plus, when to friends decided to join us on this cruise, three pretty person cost came close to that of National Express, so we opted for the private transfer as it shaved 45 minutes off the drive plus left earlier. 

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that 12 Transfers was great. Their online chat was very responsive before the cruise, and the drivers called me once they arrived at the port to pick us up. They arrived early, which worked out great for us since we were off the ship quicker then expected. We had plenty of room for the 10 of us in their 2 vehicles. Would definitely recommend them and use them again if every in the IK.