Coaches from Le Havre

GrubbyGrubbles

Hey everyone.  I am looking at shore excursions and wondered what the coaches are like from Le Havre to Paris.  The journeys to and from  are very long and I have 2 children (12 and 7) - do the coaches have any entertainment in them to keep them from being bored?  Any information much appreciated.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, rjac said:

So, I read the title "Coaches from LeHavre" and I thought, why is Grubby interested in soccer or tennis coaches on a cruise. Then I read her post and it all made sense. :27_sunglasses:

As someone who loathes exercise but does it as a necessary evil, I can't think of anything worse than a personal trainer/coach on a cruise.  Walking up to the Windjammer is as much exercise as I plan on doing :-D

17 minutes ago, GrubbyGrubbles said:

As someone who loathes exercise but does it as a necessary evil, I can't think of anything worse than a personal trainer/coach on a cruise.  Walking up to the Windjammer is as much exercise as I plan on doing :-D

:27_sunglasses:

Hi GrubbyGrubbles,

Le Havre port is very industrial and when we got off i didn't notice any coaches but there were lots of taxis and you may find that RC run a shuttle to Le Harve just check on board.  

We are actually back there next month on the Navigator Of The Seas and you will love it. 

We were also there last October on the Indy and you have many options. When you arrive in Le Havre there are local taxis right by the ship who can take you in to town or if you prefer it is about a 20 to 30 mins walk to Le Havre or you can opt for a excursion from RC which we did last time and opted for Honfleur it was beautiful in fact we have decided to do the same trip while there next month. It is a local harbour with great shops and restaurants and a fantastic medieval church which is a must see, the nice thing about this trip is that it is affordable and only lasts about 4 hours so you get back to the ship with plenty of time to explore Le Havre if you wish or just chill out on board till sail off. We also opted for the same trip again as it was so lovely we cant wait to see it in the height of summer, there is also an option for Deauville which is also a good option as it has a promenade and beach huts that are named after a list celebs and a great beach.

Another nice thing about this port of call is that you get ages there as we don't sail till 21:00 

Hope this helps and if you need any more info please just ask.

I believe most of the coaches to Le Havre was through Royal Caribbean.  In this case I recommend doing it with the cruise ship, because it's a 3 hour trip.  It was Bastille Day and I know people were on the bus longer than that.  More like 3.5 hours.

I personally think a trip to Paris from Le Havre is a waste, but if this is your only chance, then do it.

I actually just disembarked from Le Havre and took the train into Paris, so I don't have personal experience with the coaches. However, I had friends that completed the cruise and took the coach tour into Paris and I've done a similar tour with Royal into Berlin. The coaches are your typical charter bus with reclining seats. It is a long drive both to the city and back, but my friends said it was worth it.

On our tour of Berlin, snack boxes were actually provided and a commentary given even though it was not advertised in the description of the tour, so I would hope the same would apply to this one.

We were on the train with some who opted to use the train into Paris instead of a ship's tour. While it is definitely cheaper, I wouldn't be comfortable given the distance and time involved.