Soda package Sales

jce2

Still waiting for sales that include January sailings, but the other day I thought I saw something out here that would effect my budget......I know they have sales form time to time on the Deluxe Beverage Package.  Am I correct that typically they do NOT put the Soda package on the same sale?

2 hours ago, jce2 said:

Still waiting for sales that include January sailings, but the other day I thought I saw something out here that would effect my budget......I know they have sales form time to time on the Deluxe Beverage Package.  Am I correct that typically they do NOT put the Soda package on the same sale?

I have not personally seen the soda package go on sale on the cruise planner. However, the price on the planner, $8.50 pp/per day, is way less than purchasing it on board ($11.99 if I remember correctly). I suggest you get it in advance via the cruise planner. If the prices does get lower after that, you can cancel and reorder. We already got it for our May cruise, thus providing protection against any possible increase.

Actually, we watched all the sales for 15 months before our Oasis cruise, for a deal on the soda package for the kids. Never saw any sale for the soda package. However, we were able to still buy it for $8.50/per person/per day (+ 18% gratuity) right as we walked onto the ship, on the promenade. So it can still be had for that rate onboard (at least as of June this year). Also we were able to apply our On Board Credits to the purchase that way.

Locate the various soda self-serve machines quickly once you board. They typically are only on the top decks and promenade (at least for Oasis class).

Makes perfect sense, and I have every intention of pre-purchasing.  I only asked for my budget spreadsheet.  I am an excel junkie and have all kinds of "what-if" scenarios including such things as "what if Deluxe goes on sale", "what if my OBC gets credited in time?".  Originally my sale what-if included the same 30% discount being applied to the sodas.  I will now correct that.  thanks!

8 hours ago, jce2 said:

I have seen all the sales since I first booked our cruise in Feb, and have not seen the soda package discounted.

New to RCI but booked on Navigator in November. We would not get our money's worth with the full Beverage Package but will likely buy the Soda Package. I keep reading about the Coca-Cola cups that are used, does this mean you have to carry these cups around with you wherever you go on the ship, or are you able to still get Soda from bars and main dining room etc. in glasses? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, MattHird said:

New to RCI but booked on Navigator in November. We would not get our money's worth with the full Beverage Package but will likely buy the Soda Package. I keep reading about the Coca-Cola cups that are used, does this mean you have to carry these cups around with you wherever you go on the ship, or are you able to still get Soda from bars and main dining room etc. in glasses? Thanks.

You can get sodas anywhere on the ship at any bar, venue or dining room. They will serve in regular glasses or fill up your cup if so desired. Do not have to carry the cup around. However, FYI, those cups are the only ones that work in the freestyle machines. Glasses, etc. will not work in those.

The Navigator is not one of the ships listed as having the Freestyle machines, so there's no need to carry the cup around the ship with you. Your cruise card will be sufficient to get a soda from any bar or in any restaurant.