HELP: Anyone Cruising Explorer of the Seas to Alaska 7/28/17?

Ryan

Hello, and thank you for reading. 

My parents are traveling to Alaska on the Explorer of the Seas over their 40th Anniversary. This is special not only because it's 40 years, but they have never taken a cruise as a couple and never been to Alaska (or Seattle!). Their three sons have created a photo album book that we would very much like for them to open on the cruise ship during their vacation, however, Royal WILL NOT allow us to ship them anything, and will not assist in getting it on the boat for us. 

My Ask; I'm looking for someone traveling on this same ship to deliver the album to my parents. We can ship the book anywhere in the US, but really haven't much time. If you are going on the Explorer of the Seas to Alaska on July 28th - 16 days - please reply with your contact info, or send me a direct message if you'd be willing to deliver this book to my parents. 

Sincerely, 

Their 1st born.

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

My parents are traveling to Alaska on the Explorer of the Seas over their 40th Anniversary. This is special not only because it's 40 years, but they have never taken a cruise as a couple and never been to Alaska (or Seattle!). Their three sons have created a photo album book that we would very much like for them to open on the cruise ship during their vacation, however, Royal WILL NOT allow us to ship them anything, and will not assist in getting it on the boat for us. 

My Ask; I'm looking for someone traveling on this same ship to deliver the album to my parents. We can ship the book anywhere in the US, but really haven't much time. If you are going on the Explorer of the Seas to Alaska on July 28th - 16 days - please reply with your contact info, or send me a direct message if you'd be willing to deliver this book to my parents. 

Sincerely, 

Their 1st born.

Going out on a limb here...

There is a UPS store on the corner of Roy St and 1st Ave North.  That's the closest one to cruise terminal 91, from what I can tell.  Google maps says they're about 10min apart.

So, maybe you could ship it to The UPS Store, and your parents could grab a cab/Uber/Lyft to The UPS Store to pick it up, then back to the ship.  It would have to be delivered at least the day before they arrived, not the day of, too risky time-wise.

9 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

your parents could grab a cab/Uber/Lyft to The UPS Store to pick it up, then back to the ship.

Maybe I am mis-reading something but it seems that the whole point is to have this be a surprise for his parent.  While it would certainly work, I don't think this was the scenario that Ryan had in mind....

On 7/12/2017 at 0:50 PM, Ryan said:

Sincerely, 

Their 1st born.

Ryan, going out on a limb here. If your parents are in a suite, I believe suites have a concierge (also referred to as a "genie") who might be able to help you out. I don't know how you can find out who this genie would be nor how to contact him/her. From what I have read on this forum, the genie usually emails the guests about special requests. If they are in a suite, let us know here and perhaps some of the  "suite smart" members can chime in. Best of luck, great idea truly hope you young men can pull this off!:27_sunglasses:

Unfortunately, only the Oasis and Quantum class ships have genies but the Explorer does have a Suites Concierge.

I believe that we have someone on this site who tracks the comings and goings of the Suites Concierges.  Perhaps someone who knows can find out who the Explorer Concierge is and that may be an excellent solution to this situation.

• 3 weeks later...

My middle brother was able to sneak the wrapped book into their suitcase with a note not to open until their anniversary. They waited, and opened it and went through it together on the boat - just as we wanted. It wasn't exactly how we had planned, but it worked out in the end. 

Thanks for all the help and your notes. They loved the cruise!