What Fun Thing Would You Love To See On Board

I would love to see a Lazy River Ride , now I would love to take credit for that idea but it was Michael Poole who had the idea and mentioned it on the Project Icon Podcast (Ep 168) and i love it :17_heart_eyes:. What a great way to chill out floating around the ship with a cool one in hand.

Any one beat Michael's idea :6_smile:.  

59 minutes ago, rjac said:

I'd be happy with a live Caribbean band out by the pool. RC used to have that and it was great. What they have now, a DJ with recorded music, just doesn't do much for me. Got to have that live steel drum!:27_sunglasses:

RCCL had a Reggae band on the Pool Deck last June on the Adventure of the Seas.  Has this changed? 

I know what you mean rjac, nothing beats live music. Both of our sons are musicians, and we love to see them play any chance we get. You mentioned that the dropping of poolside bands were for monetary reasons, but they employ bands throughout the ships at night? I guess if they were to cut a band, it would be the poolside one. Don't a lot of the musicians pull double duty performing though?

20 hours ago, FManke said:

I know what you mean rjac, nothing beats live music. Both of our sons are musicians, and we love to see them play any chance we get. You mentioned that the dropping of poolside bands were for monetary reasons, but they employ bands throughout the ships at night? I guess if they were to cut a band, it would be the poolside one. Don't a lot of the musicians pull double duty performing though?

Yes, most of the musicians do pull crew duty. My friend is married to one of the musicians serving on Majesty at the moment, and the whole band works as crew when not playing, though they do have more downtime than other crew members. Have to practice and rest their voices.

I guess since I've only been on one cruise so far, I still haven't seen and done all there is to do onboard yet, so this is a tough one. Not sure where they would put an indoor skydiving simulator, but that might be interesting. Or a VR tour of ports to give you an idea of what is there (This might spawn some excursion bookings too).

1 hour ago, Farminger said:

I guess since I've only been on one cruise so far, I still haven't seen and done all there is to do onboard yet, so this is a tough one. Not sure where they would put an indoor skydiving simulator, but that might be interesting. Or a VR tour of ports to give you an idea of what is there (This might spawn some excursion bookings too).

Quantum class has skydiving, back of the ship, top deck.

What Id like to see on board is a sports bar/lounge with American sports on large tv's.  Similar to RC's relationship w/ Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc.  I envision something like a Buffalo Wild Wings, Dave & Busters, Beef O'Brady's or some such.  Burgers, wings, fries, beer, and MLB, NFL games. Surely it would draw in more people and $$$ than does Vintages (usually empty) and some other oddly used space on board.  

7 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

What Id like to see on board is a sports bar/lounge with American sports on large tv's.  Similar to RC's relationship w/ Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc.  I envision something like a Buffalo Wild Wings, Dave & Busters, Beef O'Brady's or some such.  Burgers, wings, fries, beer, and MLB, NFL games. Surely it would draw in more people and $$$ than does Vintages (usually empty) and some other oddly used space on board.  

For me, a space like you describe would be a place to avoid. I'm not a fan of sports in general, only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. But Vintages is the kind of place I dream of on a cruise ship as it's totally my speed and interests. If it happens to be mostly empty, well, that just means more time I can get recommendations from the staff and sample the wares! ?

Also love the chance to hang in a pub and hear the live music playing and just mellowing out, maybe strike up some conversations with other people there.

But, if they added a place like that to a ship the size of Oasis or Anthem so it could just be part of a neighborhood that I don't have to go near if I don't want to, then everyone wins. ? 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, Farminger said:

Yes, most of the musicians do pull crew duty. My friend is married to one of the musicians serving on Majesty at the moment, and the whole band works as crew when not playing, though they do have more downtime than other crew members. Have to practice and rest their voices.

What other jobs do they have when not performing?

8 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

I'll agree as far as the wings.  RC needs some good wings, traditional and boneless.  That would be a good addition to the midnight snack list.