Champagne included with deluxe drink package?

My wife and I are cruising Oasis of the Seas on September 3, 2017 and we have both bought the deluxe drink package for the first time (sixth RCI cruise together). My wife particularly likes champagne so we hang out at the champagne bar a lot. From what I have read the deluxe drink package covers drinks up to $13 on oasis class, but all the menu's I'm finding online only show two champagne (sparkling wine) choices (by the glass) with both being over the $13 mark. Has anyone been on a very recent cruise with the deluxe drink package and been able to get champagne without paying an up charge? Thanks for any answers!

19 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

My wife and I are cruising Oasis of the Seas on September 3, 2017 and we have both bought the deluxe drink package for the first time (sixth RCI cruise together). My wife particularly likes champagne so we hang out at the champagne bar a lot. From what I have read the deluxe drink package covers drinks up to $13 on oasis class, but all the menu's I'm finding online only show two champagne (sparkling wine) choices (by the glass) with both being over the $13 mark. Has anyone been on a very recent cruise with the deluxe drink package and been able to get champagne without paying an up charge? Thanks for any answers!

With the deluxe package, you pay the difference. If a glass of champagne is $15.00, you will be charged the difference, $2.00. That will be charged to your on board account. Hope this helps.:27_sunglasses:

Hi Jason and welcome to Matt's blog. 

22 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

Hi Jason and welcome to Matt's blog. Also if it helps Matt done a podcast on the drinks package in September. if you click on the podcast tab above and look for episode 164.  Hope this gives you some good info. 

2 minutes ago, rjac said:

With the deluxe package, you pay the difference. If a glass of champagne is $15.00, you will be charged the difference, $2.00. That will be charged to your on board account. Hope this helps.:27_sunglasses:

Thanks, it sort of does haha. Just wondering if there are really only 2 choices for champagne by the glass. Last time we went on Allure there were many more options at the champagne bar with two being under 10 dollars. We always got the chateau ste. michelle for $9 per glass. Seems like a champagne bar would have more than 2 types of champagne. Thats like vintages have 2 wines to choose from.

1 minute ago, DAVE(Darkcabbie) said:

Hi Jason and welcome to Matt's blog. 

Hi Jason and welcome to Matt's blog. Also if it helps Matt done a podcast on the drinks package in September. if you click on the podcast tab above and look for episode 164.  Hope this gives you some good info. 

I did listen to it and it just states sparkling wine is included. But all the menus I'm find just show 2 sparkling wine options and both are 14 or 15 depending on the ship. 

11 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

Thanks, it sort of does haha. Just wondering if there are really only 2 choices for champagne by the glass. Last time we went on Allure there were many more options at the champagne bar with two being under 10 dollars. We always got the chateau ste. michelle for $9 per glass. Seems like a champagne bar would have more than 2 types of champagne. Thats like vintages have 2 wines to choose from.

Sorry Jason, can't help you on the champagne choices as neither my wife nor I are champagne people. But it does seem reasonable that the champagne bar on the Allure would offer more than two choices. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in here.:27_sunglasses:

55 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

.... I'm finding online only show two champagne (sparkling wine) choices (by the glass) with both being over the $13 mark. Has anyone been on a very recent cruise with the deluxe drink package and been able to get champagne without paying an up charge? Thanks for any answers!

This reflects the bar menu that I remember on Oasis last October.  There are selections by the glass, but only one or two that are fully covered by the Deluxe Package.  French bubblies are in the mid-$20s per glass, so your contribution would be that price minus $13, plus gratuity.  Domestic sparklers are a bit less expensive but still over the limit.

DSC09377-Copy.jpg

6 minutes ago, DDemuth said:

This reflects the bar menu that I remember on Oasis last October.  There are selections by the glass, but only one or two that are fully covered by the Deluxe Package.  French bubblies are in the mid-$20s per glass, so your contribution would be that price minus $13, plus gratuity.  Domestic sparklers are a bit less expensive but still over the limit.

DSC09377-Copy.jpg

That is perfect! Thank you, hopefully this is still the current menu. Domestic bubbles are fine by the wife.