Best RC Service?

FManke

What was your best RC service experience ever?

Who and what made it so special?

This might be a hard question for some of you to narrow down to just one, so I apologize in advance.

Tell us what we can hopefully look forward to on our first cruise.

Wow, that's a tough one.

I honestly don't think I've ever had a bad experience service-wise.  You'll run into people who are less "personable" than others, but even they have always been efficient and on their game.  

On our New England/Canada cruise on Serenade last year we booked an excursion on board during the day, for the next day, when they still had the 24hr cancellation policy, so we were locked in.  During dinner we talked and kicked ourselves for booking it, due to the length (like 6 or 7 hours), and price.  Ended up going to the shore excursions desk, asked if there was any way we could cancel and book a shorter excursion.  The girl working the desk looked around, then whispered "sure, not a problem".  We were stoked, and ended up loving the shorter tour, and the $100 we saved.

Its minor and silly,  but i had a pool waiter that learned my name,  constantly came to my deck chair to check on me (during a busy sea day), and let me run a drink pkg tab until the very last drink (i didn't have to keep signing every drink).  It was just a nice day that he made nicer!   Jane

Small gestures can mean so much. We went to guest relations inquiring what it would cost to call our daughter from the ship to say happy birthday. The employee said "Tell no one and follow me". Walked us to a phone, asked for and dialed the number and said with a smile "sing happy birthday, keep it short and hang up". Now THAT is customer service!

We've only been on one cruise and the service was fantastic by everyone but the one thing that stood out for me was the service from our waitress in the MDR.  Her name was Patricia and I have to admit we found her a bit off-ish at the start but she warmed up as the week went on.  My husband is a really fussy eater - the plainer the food the better.  Anyway, about mid-week he ordered a fish pie thinking it would be the same as what he has at home (just some cod and salmon in a cheese sauce with a mash topping) but when it arrived it was full of proper seafood and he just looked at it.  Patricia took it away and said "I know now what you like" and came back with a pizza for him.  It was just brilliant and perfect!  Towards the end of the week she was also telling us about her life with Royal Caribbean and I have utmost respect for her and those others who wave goodbye to everyone they like and love to go sailing for months on end to serve us and put up with out whims.  I couldn't do it.

Anthem of the Seas MDR.  Our server was gracious and informative the whole time.  He and the head waiter were able to get item that were not on the menu for us.  ie.  My wife had heard that some of the Indian cooking staff were excellent in preparing food from their country/region of origin and was curious about their dishes.  The next night, they brought her a mini Indian buffet with enough to share for the three of us.  The following nights we would have additional Indian treats brought to us.  He would also bring entrees for us to try as an appetiser.  Very friendly and professional.

We had a Chinese girl, Jing Jing, on her first contract serving us in the MDR, great smile, laugh, grace.  Our steward from the Philippines was on his 6th contract, started out in the engine room.  Very personable, kept our quarters perfect.  Hope we get both of them again.  pops

Adventure of the Seas Diamond Club Concierge. We were on the AOS out of San Juan. We generally take the walk-off ourselves option at disembarkation. Well...getting back to Canada from San Juan can be a grand PITA...very limited direct flights and major cha cinga$. We fly out of BUF to SJU, but there has to be a connector flight and since we don't feel like getting home the next day, our flight was 10:45am. Walk off by 7:00am...no problemo. Then, mid way through the cruise...what's this I read...walk-off only available to US Citizens?

Ahhhhhh...our baggage time since we couldn't walk-off...9:45am...to quote Scooby-Doo...RUT ROH!!

That evening we were talking to the Concierge in the Diamond Lounge about it and tried to get more insight into what the deal was. Seems it's a San Juan thing...US Citizens only, lovely...

Next evening with our drinks came a set of luggage tags with group #1. We didn't even ask.

Needless to say he got major pops in our survey.

Best Windjammer Service - Serenade of the Seas. Joseph, the Executive Sous Chef there, was amazing.

Best stateroom service - Brilliance of the Seas.

Honestly, though, I never received bad service other than once at Guest Services and another time with the officer in charged of housekeeping, but both were resolved quite easily.

Of eight RC cruises, consistently,  our best service experiences have been with our stateroom service.  This one service category could be a distractor - but had always been an "enhancer."  

Like mom2mybugs, one Radiance OTS bartender remembered my fav drink, greeted me by name, and was always upbeat.