Those Little Fish That Nibble On Your Toes

Floski

Y'all know what I'm talking about.  They eat the dead skin off of your feetsies and lower legs.

Aren't they available in Cozumel?  I thought I had read that.

Does anyone know how much/how long the session is?  

I have suuuuper ticklish feet; will I be able to bear it??

Is it safe?

Okay, that's all I have.  I'll hang up and listen.

Image result for skin-eating fish

Thanks!

This is, at the same time, both fascinating and revolting...kinda like rubbernecking at an auto accident, I guess.

Actually, I think I do recall that there is one of these vendors in Coz but I know no details.  Not sure I would have the stomach to do it.

My feet are super ticklish too but I have learned to accommodate with pedicures.  I DO love a good foot massage !!

I was told that even though it looks like they are filtering the water, that they really aren't and that the water is disgusting, that is from a person the used to work at one of those places. So no way would I stick my feet in there, but if you are interested, there used to be one on the main road heading in to town, if you were to take off walking from the pier like you were walking downtown, there are some little shops between the road and the water.

1 hour ago, Floski said:

Oh well.  So much for that.

What the hell - I haven't seen my feet in so long I wouldn't even notice until I went to

brush my teeth and realized that I suddenly got a lot shorter!

If you want your feet to be smooth again a good pedicure and maybe one of those Ped Eggs might do the trick... 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it in Copenhagen during a Royal Caribbean port stop. I don't recall it being too expensive. If memory serves, it was about $20. You were required to wash your feet before and inform them of any cuts, scraps, or sores beforehand so that they could bandage them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...