"free" brewed coffee

I found it to be fine,  but with brewed coffee, not only is it subjective but sometimes it is just better than other times.   The coffee at Cafe promenade at 8 am is different than at 10, etc.  I don't remember it to be horrible or great.  If you aren't worried about catching a sale,  you can wait till you are on the ship and try it.  Otherwise i defer to other coffee connoisseurs here to give you a stronger opinion!   Jane

Guest toodle68

I found the coffee on both our recent cruises to be ok.. and I absolutely hate weak coffee.  If I remember on Liberty, there was a pot for a stronger brew.

9 hours ago, Heathermom said:

I realize it's subjective but is the regular brewed coffee good?  I enjoy brewed, black coffee if it is dark and rich but I'll pay for the premium coffee package if the free stuff isn't great coffee.  

A lot depends on the ship also. I like coffee on the stronger side, but not as strong as Starbucks. I liked the coffee on Adventure better than on Anthem. Never tried the premium.

9 hours ago, toodle68 said:

I found the coffee on both our recent cruises to be ok.. and I absolutely hate weak coffee.  If I remember on Liberty, there was a pot for a stronger brew.

I was on Liberty in June and the coffee in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade were both great in the mornings, but I find drinking a cup of coffee while the ocean is sliding by out the window to be the best cup of coffee I've ever had. I would rate it with Starbucks "Blonde" brew for strength.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, Heathermom said:

I realize it's subjective but is the regular brewed coffee good?  I enjoy brewed, black coffee if it is dark and rich but I'll pay for the premium coffee package if the free stuff isn't great coffee.  

Hey Heather,  the coffee aboard Liberty in May was Seattle's Best "Henry's Blend".  Do a search and you'll find a thread about it a few months ago.  We buy it locally now,...  probably one of the better cups of coffee we've ever had, and served in the MDR, Windjammer and Cafe Promenade, no charge.

You're in for a great cruise ... pops

17 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I was on Liberty in June and the coffee in the Windjammer and Cafe Promenade were both great in the mornings, but I find drinking a cup of coffee while the ocean is sliding by out the window to be the best cup of coffee I've ever had.

I hear everything tastes better on a cruise. Can't wait to find out. Only 89 more days!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 2:31 AM, L454S said:

I find it to be good, and yes it is "brewed" coffee as opposed to Princess who were using the coffee syrup to make a pot. I find it stronger at different hours and venues, but still to my liking.

Yeah, I found the coffee to be pretty bad on Princess and would just use the coffee card to get the "complimentary" drip coffee and carry it into the MDR. The stuff in the MDR wasn't very good, although I've read that the newer ships don't use the concentrate any longer.

The worst cup of coffee I think I have ever had in my life was on a Disney cruise.  And it wasn't just an off cup, the coffee was consistently bad all week, just completely bland, I couldn't believe it.  Everything Disney does is great, right?  Yea, not the free coffee on their ships.  On my first RC cruise, I was relieved that the coffee was much better.  

26 minutes ago, JBC said:

The worst cup of coffee I think I have ever had in my life was on a Disney cruise.  And it wasn't just an off cup, the coffee was consistently bad all week, just completely bland, I couldn't believe it.  Everything Disney does is great, right?  Yea, not the free coffee on their ships.  On my first RC cruise, I was relieved that the coffee was much better.  

They used to use a concentrate from Nescafe. A few years back, the switched to Joffries in the parks, hotels, and ships and now brew a real cup of coffee. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

They used to use a concentrate from Nescafe. A few years back, the switched to Joffries in the parks, hotels, and ships and now brew a real cup of coffee. 

Disney did have the worst coffee ever. I thought I read somewhere that the parks now serve Starbucks? At least in some of them.

2 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Nope, only at the new Starbucks' stores within the parks. The restaurants serve Joffery's Coffee (https://www.joffreys.com/disneyparksandresorts.aspx).

O.k. I guess what I read is that Starbucks has stores inside the parks. Well at least that was better than when you were still paying for Nescafe! :92_thumbsdown:

2 hours ago, Chris besanson said:

Well I love coffee but what was served on the empress of the seas was the worst and that's when you could get it. What a horrible ship!

Those are some fighting words for some of the people here. I'm not one of them, though!

11 hours ago, Chris besanson said:

Well I love coffee but what was served on the empress of the seas was the worst and that's when you could get it. What a horrible ship!

Sorry about the Empress, I'd say give them some feedback and see what happens.  You'd think you could get a cup easily because few people would be drinking the stuff on that cruise, which would send up a red flag.   If people quit booking the ship, that might send up a red flag too. :3_grin:

pops

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, l9dance said:

What specialty coffee is included in the drink package? Would I be able to get an iced latte? 

Yes. The only coffee not covered is that sold onboard the Oasis class ships at the Starbucks store. Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe both sell specially coffee that's included as is the specially coffee in all of the restaurants.