Nachi Cocum Question

rjac

I am so excited!   Just booked this today for our match cruise on freedom.   Im looking forward to the beautiful beach and no crowds.   Aruba was beautiful but by the middle of the day you couldn't see the water because it was full of people!  I like the no vendors too!  Can't wait till march...only  1 more chicago winter to go!   Jane

Guest toodle68

When you first get there and are getting settle at your location, someone will come over with a folder with the services they offer for extra. Massages (I totally recommend this), mats,etc..  however, once he is done, he did not approach us again the entire time. The only other person who approached us (other than our waiter) was the lady who took our picture when we arrived to show us the pic for us to buy.

2 hours ago, Floski said:

Jane, I'm psyched as all get-out about Nachi as well.  

I hate to say this, but I think I'd rather have 2 days in Coz and skip Falmouth altogether.

Freedom will forever be my favorite girl, since she was my first (and by far and away the best vacation ever).

I agree with you regarding Falmouth!

11 hours ago, toodle68 said:

When you first get there and are getting settle at your location, someone will come over with a folder with the services they offer for extra. Massages (I totally recommend this), mats,etc..  however, once he is done, he did not approach us again the entire time. The only other person who approached us (other than our waiter) was the lady who took our picture when we arrived to show us the pic for us to buy.

I have never done the massages anywhere and i think i would love them.   It was worth the $40?  Jane

3 hours ago, Floski said:

Jane, I'm psyched as all get-out about Nachi as well.  

I hate to say this, but I think I'd rather have 2 days in Coz and skip Falmouth altogether.

Freedom will forever be my favorite girl, since she was my first (and by far and away the best vacation ever).

I really enjoyed freedom last time...it had some bells but i worry about the insane possible crowds on oasis class. I love my deck chair by the sky bar and i hate to fight millions of people for a seat.   I have never gone to falmouth but would like to go once.   Last time in cozumel we did the dolphin swim which was amazing.   We almost went to that park again,  but i want to try nachi!  Jane

Guest toodle68
12 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have never done the massages anywhere and i think i would love them.   It was worth the $40?  Jane

We paid for the full hour, $70, and it was totally worth it.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm sure that the massages are Nachi (or Sancho's) are wonderful, but I cannot bring myself to pay $70 when I can get an hour on the beach in Costa Maya for $20.  Best value in the Caribbean !!!

ok...Now im really ranging off topic, but everything is clean,  etc? So you just lay on a bench and they do your back,  neck etc?  Ive not even done one in the states but i have lower back tightness all the time and i think it would be wonderful

5 hours ago, toodle68 said:

We paid for the full hour, $70, and it was totally worth it.

Did you have any trouble with booking it the day of?   I didn't book it with the reservation because i was trying to figure out if i should get one!   Jane

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/,

Scroll down a little and go to the picture gallery, you will see some people getting a message, the massage area is it own little cabana.

It didn't seem busy the day we were there but I guess there is the possibility it could be.

Like WAAAYTOOO says, it is expensive compared to Costa Maya,,, but cheap compared to the ship.

Guest toodle68
2 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

ok...Now im really ranging off topic, but everything is clean,  etc? So you just lay on a bench and they do your back,  neck etc?  Ive not even done one in the states but i have lower back tightness all the time and i think it would be wonderful

Did you have any trouble with booking it the day of?   I didn't book it with the reservation because i was trying to figure out if i should get one!   Jane

The area is nice and clean. We pre booked because we wanted the 2pm slot, but I know they had times available when we were there in January.

• 4 weeks later...

Red stripe beach was great for 39 dollars per person in Falmouth. Its like 5 minutes from the port, nice clean beach, decent food and cold beer (sold seperately). The good hope house was an awesome excursion in Jamaica as well, beautiful old plantation home in the blue mountains, with a nice swimming pool, awesome jerk chicken and pork (pork was better), included appleton estate rum tasting. But it was a 40 minute bus ride from port. If you do this one get a seat on the front of the bus. Back of bus is very bouncy and jerky. Falmouth isn't that bad, just need to pick an excursion with travel time in mind. I would not venture on my own any where in Jamaica.

On 7/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, tiny260 said:

I concur, I was just there in early June, it's a private beach, so no outside vendors, Nachi Cocum, has people walking around trying to sell excursions, snorkeling, para sailing etc. but they are not aggressive in any way.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you sign up for Nachi Cocum Cozer Beach Break? Is that a formal RCI excursion? I heard great things and am going in April 2018 but don't know where I find it to sign up?

2 hours ago, dejagatkins said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you sign up for Nachi Cocum Cozer Beach Break? Is that a formal RCI excursion? I heard great things and am going in April 2018 but don't know where I find it to sign up?

You have to prepay at least the deposit to reserve your spot. No this is not an official RCI excursion, but all the taxi drivers know where it is, 10-15 minuet drive, taxi's are done by zone in Cozumel, I can't remember what zone this is but it's not very expensive. When you walk in they will assign you a waiter, your waiter will take you to your Palapa/chairs, if you have an idea in mind when you think you want to leave, say 2:30 to go get some souvenirs, then tell your waiter 2:30 and they will have a taxi waiting. Or just tell them later when you want a taxi and it shouldn't be more than about 5 minuets.

My wife and I told the waiter we wanted a taxi, and before we could go to the restroom and get our stuff packed up he was back telling us our taxi was ready.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

You have to prepay at least the deposit to reserve your spot. No this is not an official RCI excursion, but all the taxi drivers know where it is, 10-15 minuet drive, taxi's are done by zone in Cozumel, I can't remember what zone this is but it's not very expensive. When you walk in they will assign you a waiter, your waiter will take you to your Palapa/chairs, if you have an idea in mind when you think you want to leave, say 2:30 to go get some souvenirs, then tell your waiter 2:30 and they will have a taxi waiting. Or just tell them later when you want a taxi and it shouldn't be more than about 5 minuets.

My wife and I told the waiter we wanted a taxi, and before we could go to the restroom and get our stuff packed up he was back telling us our taxi was ready.

Thanks! Where do you find the taxis? Is it difficult? We've never gone out on our own. Always an RCI excursion but I'm so tired of standing in their 45 minute lines in the sun to get the show started. Would like to safely do something ourselves.

At Cozumel the taxi stand is all the way in the front, just follow the signs, of course they force you to walk through their little shopping mall hoping you will stop and buy something. The taxi stand can look very crowded, but it moves fast, especially if you are just 2. In June we went out about 9am from the ship, hit the Taxi stand by 9:15, were at Nachi about 9:30, 9:40 time frame. When you start getting close to the front of the Taxi line, start watching the drivers and holding up your fingers and shouting how many you are and if you are just a 2 you can usually jump in line. In June we got stuck behind a huge family, 20 people, the taxi's started jockeying around  because they needed 3-4 vans, so I just kept holding up my hand yelling 2 and a driver pulled me out of line and we were loaded and gone before the family was.

You will be hounded by people all the way through the mall, trying to sell you something, even saying they will take you to Nachi, don't believe them, Nachi will email you instructions, just follow them and ignore everything else

Attached Nachi.docx is a copy of my email confirmation, hopefully I deleted all my personal stuff, after this a received a PayPal confirmation saying I had paid my deposit.

Last year in October, I had booked Nachi, and then I was not able to make it, I emailed a cancellation before the deadline and had a refund the dame day.

There is a shopping mall next door to where we come in as RCCL cruisers, it is the Carnival cruise dock, from a selection and layout stand point I really like the Carnival shopping area best, to me it was easy walking distance. When you look at it from the cruise ship when you are pulling in it looks like 1 pier, but from land they are 2 separate piers. There are no restriction to walk up from the road, so no worries there. We were at a resort last year and just walked up and shopped, then got a taxi and went sight seeing around the island.

2 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

this is weeks old WAAY.  There were rumors that RC was pulling out of Falmouth because there was so much negative feedback on the Falmouth stop.  Turned to be just that, rumor.  The negative feedback is real though.  IMO.

Michael,

In January-April, 2018 the Allure will be stopping in Jamaica, after that the Allure itinerary does not include Jamaica. Not sure about the rest of the RCCI fleet though. I think that will make a significant economic impact on Falmouth. Think about it 6,000+ sun baked cruisers not spending a dime on shore in Jamaica.  

1 hour ago, Michael Vitale said:

very true, but apparently this is just coincidence and not related to negative feedback

We were on the Allure last March and stopped in Falmouth. You can call it a coincidence, but from what we saw in Falmouth outside of the gated shopping area there is no way in hell I would get off the cruise ship to go into Falmouth on future cruises. 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, rjac said:

Are there vendors that patrol the beach trying to sell stuff at Nachi?

All the people coming by work for Nachi and are not obtrusive or annoying. I did get a massage that turned me to jelly that I would not have bought had they not come around. The staff there are really really nice and accommodating.

4 hours ago, Spiegeje said:

All the people coming by work for Nachi and are not obtrusive or annoying. I did get a massage that turned me to jelly that I would not have bought had they not come around. The staff there are really really nice and accommodating.

The only time I felt harassed at all was by the lady at the very front that INSISTS you take the picture at the front with the sombrero and comes around to show you later... but honestly that's about it. 

We're getting a massage on the ship early on in the week but this is our last port stop and I'm tempted to go grab a quick 30 minute massage here...

On 8/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, rjac said:

We were on the Allure last March and stopped in Falmouth. You can call it a coincidence, but from what we saw in Falmouth outside of the gated shopping area there is no way in hell I would get off the cruise ship to go into Falmouth on future cruises. 

I'm not necessarily OPPOSED to getting off of the ship in Falmouth.. but we already knew we wanted a 'ship day' on the first leg to use our drink package and since there was nothing in Falmouth we were particularly excited about doing (beach day and jet skis in Labadee, Nachi Cocom in Cozumel) that'll just be our empty ship day. 

And maybe it's just me, but all the videos I've seen of Dunn's River Falls makes me feel like I'd be paying to be herded like cattle and stand in lines. Not all that appealing... 

37 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

And maybe it's just me, but all the videos I've seen of Dunn's River Falls makes me feel like I'd be paying to be herded like cattle and stand in lines. Not all that appealing... 

Hey girl, hey! No way! DRF was so much fun!!! Yes, it's true, it's jamming with people. Yes, it's true, they're trying to sell you stuff you don't want at every turn. BUT! It's a memory I'll have forever!! After all, how often can you climb a waterfall?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0NC0zd3RVNjZqQ0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0TWwzbzFJMEptcG8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0T25JS201NmlVSGc/view?usp=sharing

21 minutes ago, DisneyBartenderScott said:

Hey girl, hey! No way! DRF was so much fun!!! Yes, it's true, it's jamming with people. Yes, it's true, they're trying to sell you stuff you don't want at every turn. BUT! It's a memory I'll have forever!! After all, how often can you climb a waterfall?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0NC0zd3RVNjZqQ0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0TWwzbzFJMEptcG8/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41VaJKWq_l0T25JS201NmlVSGc/view?usp=sharing

HEY BOY HEEEYYYY! 

Oh, I'm sure you're right. I think that'll be something we do on another trip back at this point. I think I have my heart set on buzzed putt putt after a long morning in the solarium while not having to wait on everyone ahead of me. :) 

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

HEY BOY HEEEYYYY! 

Oh, I'm sure you're right. I think that'll be something we do on another trip back at this point. I think I have my heart set on buzzed putt putt after a long morning in the solarium while not having to wait on everyone ahead of me. :) 

You'll be able to get a bigger buzz (and likely arrested) off the ship for what that's worth. 

2 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

I'm not necessarily OPPOSED to getting off of the ship in Falmouth.. but we already knew we wanted a 'ship day' on the first leg to use our drink package and since there was nothing in Falmouth we were particularly excited about doing (beach day and jet skis in Labadee, Nachi Cocom in Cozumel) that'll just be our empty ship day. 

Kayla,

Not sure how long you will be in Falmouth, but, the shopping compound within the gated area (quite large) is clean, safe and has excellent shopping opportunities. There is even a Jimmy Buffet  Margaritaville with free wifi. Do they have those or know about them in Ohio? :3_grin:

19 minutes ago, rjac said:

Kayla,

Not sure how long you will be in Falmouth, but, the shopping compound within the gated area (quite large) is clean, safe and has excellent shopping opportunities. There is even a Jimmy Buffet  Margaritaville with free wifi. Do they have those or know about them in Ohio? :3_grin:

Hey now!!! Haha. I've been to Falmouth before and the Margaritaville is quite nice! 

1) hard to rationalize paying that much for a red stripe when it's prepaid on board. 

2) my soon to be in laws has their credit card information stolen at Diamonds International there. 

Just now, KLAconQueso said:

Hey now!!! Haha. I've been to Falmouth before and the Margaritaville is quite nice! 

1) hard to rationalize paying that much for a red stripe when it's prepaid on board. 

2) my soon to be in laws has their credit card information stolen at Diamonds International there. 

Well then, perhaps that is also a couple of reasons why RCI is pulling out of Falmouth. :27_sunglasses:

17 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

The only time I felt harassed at all was by the lady at the very front that INSISTS you take the picture at the front with the sombrero and comes around to show you later... but honestly that's about it. 

We're getting a massage on the ship early on in the week but this is our last port stop and I'm tempted to go grab a quick 30 minute massage here...

I remember the sombrero lady...I almost bought the pic...

The cost of the beach massage was half of what I would have paid on board. I wanted to get one on Navigator earlier in the year after doing a 10 minute pool deck massage, but I couldn't justify the cost...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm sure that the massages are Nachi (or Sancho's) are wonderful, but I cannot bring myself to pay $70 when I can get an hour on the beach in Costa Maya for $20.  Best value in the Caribbean !!!

Hey guys!  Where in Costa Maya is that located?  I can make MUCHO points with the wife, if we can find it. :) LOL

Anywhere on the beach at Mahahual.  There are massage vendors set up all along the beach.

Tip :  Do NOT allow anyone to "find" or "arrange" a massage for you.  They will double the price and keep half for themselves.  Find a table and negotiate your own price.  Of course they will start out higher than $20 but just insist that you've always paid $20 and they will agree, in the end. 

We usually go to the Krazy Lobster.  The food and service are good and there are good masseuses there.  They have tables, chairs, loungers and hammocks.  They also have $1 Coronas !