Two Staterooms - shared access

We're going on our first RC cruise in August. We've got two state rooms right across from each other. My hubby and I like the idea of having privacy away from our teenagers, but for booking purposes I had to book my hubby and son in one room and my daughter and me in the other room. Can we still get access to both rooms with our room keys? Any other suggestions for traveling with teens? 

21 minutes ago, AvaXo said:

We're going on our first RC cruise in August. We've got two state rooms right across from each other. My hubby and I like the idea of having privacy away from our teenagers, but for booking purposes I had to book my hubby and son in one room and my daughter and me in the other room. Can we still get access to both rooms with our room keys? Any other suggestions for traveling with teens? 

A suggestion for your teens....leave them home:3_grin:, just kidding. I do not think you will be able to access their room with your keys. What you can do, once you are on board, is go to the guest services desk and say your daughter "lost" her card key. They will issue you a new card for her since you both are booked in the same room. Hang onto that and use it accordingly. Or your husband can do the same claiming your son "lost" his card. 

12 hours ago, rjac said:

A suggestion for your teens....leave them home:3_grin:, just kidding. I do not think you will be able to access their room with your keys. What you can do, once you are on board, is go to the guest services desk and say your daughter "lost" her card key. They will issue you a new card for her since you both are booked in the same room. Hang onto that and use it accordingly. Or your husband can do the same claiming your son "lost" his card. 

You don't need to lie.

Just go to Guest Services and ask for another card with access to the door but no charging privileges. I will be doing this in August to get my family access to my deck #17 suite.

Guest toodle68

Not sure the lost card key will work.. they can cancel it in the system.  It is my understanding that you can just get a 2nd card with access to the other room.  That is what my research found and what we plan to do later this year.

13 hours ago, AvaXo said:

Your teens will have a great time.   Make sure they go to the first night at the kids area (dont remember exactly how old they are,  but they may be in different groups) ...they will meet lots of people that they will hang with the whole cruise.   My daughter usually would meet her friends at the teen center every night and they would go in and out.  Let me know if you have any specific questions...we did vision and freedom,  so not the big ships yet,  but alot is the same for teens!  Jane

On 7/2/2017 at 7:29 AM, constable145 said:

Just go to Guest Services and ask for another card with access to the door but no charging privileges. I will be doing this in August to get my family access to my deck #17 suite.

Exactly

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 11:13 AM, jticarruthers said:

I'm guessing the issue would be using someone elses room key to charge items to if you just swapped cards .... pretty sure they tag your picture to your card and hypothetically check that picture matches face when making purchases.

Quite often they write down your cabin number on a pad...and when ordering say in a big venue they take your card and walk away, no idea of who you were.  But there would be an issue with buying alcoholic beverages if Dad takes son's card...LOL 

On 7/1/2017 at 6:15 PM, AvaXo said:

My teens had their own room on our Quantum cruise in 2015.  Neither were 18, and there was no problem putting them in their own room.