Spectrum of the Seas

5 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

Yeah I'm happy with that, has a cool ring to it I guess. but which class of ship does it suit the most....?

Quantum --- in my opinion ...

Personally, I think the next Oasis Class ship should be something along the lines of Melody of the Seas (to go with Symphony & Harmony)

16 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

First time I saw it I thought of the evil genius organization on the James Bond movies, then I put my glasses on and re-read...

My wife likes the Soap Opera --- The Bold & The Beautiful ..... My first thought went to the rival fashion designers at Spectra Designs

7 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Quantum --- in my opinion ...

Personally, I think the next Oasis Class ship should be something along the lines of Melody of the Seas (to go with Symphony & Harmony)

I was also thinking this would be the name of a Quantum class (or maybe "Quantum Plus"?). Quantum and Spectrum, though, are both pretty scientific names. I certainly love it, being a science nerd and all, but doesn't really have the greatest marketing ring to it.

Maybe "spectrum" here in the sense of you get the fullest breadth of service and entertainment available anywhere? Almost literally, "Taste the rainbow"? ?

18 minutes ago, FManke said:

How much does a name really mean to most people? Has anybody here ever refused to cruise on a specific ship because they didn't like the name?

Well, I for one would run like hell, turn off my computer cash in my OB credit and burn my RC credit card if they ever come out with a name similar or even remotely similar to "Titanic" or "Costa Concordia"!

2 hours ago, rjac said:

Well, I for one would run like hell, turn off my computer cash in my OB credit and burn my RC credit card if they ever come out with a name similar or even remotely similar to "Titanic" or "Costa Concordia"!

True. You also forgot the RMS Lusitania and the SS Poseidon!:10_wink:

13 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

I actually pretty strongly dislike it, due to the automatic association with a cable and internet company. I could see this very quickly turning in to, "THIRD AND FOURTH GUESTS SAIL FREE WHEN YOU SWITCH TO SPECTRUM!". 

Ok, so I'm not the only one thinking this way, lol.  I wasn't sure if Spectrum was a nationwide company, so I didn't bring it up.

15 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

So after I asked about what you all think of Spectrum, I read the article about Apex, and Joy of the Seas.  I don't care for either of those, but will I still cruise on them?  You bet.

I agree. If the ship and itinerary were great, I'd cruise on it if it was named, Chicken of the Seas! I do love tuna!

11 hours ago, coneyraven said:

...... We're gonna need a bigger Boat...

jaws.jpg

I'm loving your film quotes :5_smiley: lets hope they don't call it Orca as we can see in your pic above what happened to that boat but i guess even sharks will do anything to get some Honeystung Chicken :15_yum:

On 6/30/2017 at 10:36 AM, KLAconQueso said:

I actually pretty strongly dislike it, due to the automatic association with a cable and internet company. I could see this very quickly turning in to, "THIRD AND FOURTH GUESTS SAIL FREE WHEN YOU SWITCH TO SPECTRUM!". 

LOL!  I never made that connection until you pointed it out.  My old cable company got bought out by them too, and for all the old company's flaws, I miss them compared to Spectrum.

NEW SPECIALTY DINING DEAL --- ONLY $29.95/each when bundled!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, princevaliantus said:

On other boards they are already spoofing on the name, calling RECTUM OF THE SEAS!

That's a name that definitively fits if being marketed exclusively through the RC website!:10_wink: