Finally booked and raring to go!

Hey everyone.  After very regretfully having to cancel the cruise we had booked for August 2017, we found an incredible last minute deal online yesterday and secured another RC cruise sailing in 53 days (although not on the same ship or itinery but hey, a cruise is a cruise!).

So, my question is - and I may be getting ahead of myself - where can I print the luggage tags from?  I have had a look around and can't find them.  I've only been on one RC cruise before and I can't remember how I got all this sorted out at the time.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, GrubbyGrubbles said:

Hey everyone.  After very regretfully having to cancel the cruise we had booked for August 2017, we found an incredible last minute deal online yesterday and secured another RC cruise sailing in 53 days (although not on the same ship or itinery but hey, a cruise is a cruise!).

So, my question is - and I may be getting ahead of myself - where can I print the luggage tags from?  I have had a look around and can't find them.  I've only been on one RC cruise before and I can't remember how I got all this sorted out at the time.

Thanks in advance

Hey Grubby,

I share your enthusiasm on your up coming cruise, only mine isn't until next March! My wife says I'm starting to get on her nerves! I recommend you buy these cruise luggage tag holders: http://amzn.to/2thOxmj. They are fool proof and very durable, can be used on more then one cruise!:27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Hey Grubby,

I share your enthusiasm on your up coming cruise, only mine isn't until next March! My wife says I'm starting to get on her nerves! I recommend you buy these cruise luggage tag holders: http://amzn.to/2thOxmj. They are fool proof and very durable, can be used on more then one cruise!:27_sunglasses:

Agreed. I happen to have bought mine on ebay. They are fantastic. If you are flying first, I recommend putting them in your carry on bag and then attaching them to your luggage at baggage claim. 

2 hours ago, Skid said:

Agreed. I happen to have bought mine on ebay. They are fantastic. If you are flying first, I recommend putting them in your carry on bag and then attaching them to your luggage at baggage claim. 

Yes, definitely. Attach them at the baggage claim area. Those airline baggage handlers would view them as a new challenge!

5 hours ago, rjac said:

Hey Grubby,

Bought these on your recommendation, rjac!  Only 96 days left before I can use them!

20 hours ago, rjac said:

Hey Grubby,

I second that! That way you can be sure that they are secure to your bag and feel confident that your bags will be delivered to your room! Remember to print in color! 

44 minutes ago, Madelyn D said:

Remember to print in color! 

They don't need to be in color. On St last half of my sailings, I've printed them from a black and white laser printer and never had a problem. The information printed on the tag is more important than its color. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

They don't need to be in color. On St last half of my sailings, I've printed them from a black and white laser printer and never had a problem. The information printed on the tag is more important than its color. 

I know! I've printed in B&W too! Some of the people on the crew said that they preferred it in color when I took the behind the scenes tour! I should have included that!

1 hour ago, Madelyn D said:

I know! I've printed in B&W too! Some of the people on the crew said that they preferred it in color when I took the behind the scenes tour! I should have included that!

This is good to know. 

On 27/06/2017 at 8:04 PM, rjac said:

Hey Grubby,

I'm based in the UK and unfortunately I can't find these on Amazon UK.  Last year I think I laminated the luggage tags and then stapled the ends together once they were around the handle :-/

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Madelyn D said:

Did they say why?

2 hours ago, GrubbyGrubbles said:

I'm based in the UK and unfortunately I can't find these on Amazon UK.  Last year I think I laminated the luggage tags and then stapled the ends together once they were around the handle :-/

I can help out, I have extras, about six. Text/message me your mailing address through my profile and I'll be happy to send them to you if we have time before you depart on your cruise. You can buy me a beer or two in return!:27_sunglasses:

On 01/07/2017 at 3:58 AM, rjac said:

I can help out, I have extras, about six. Text/message me your mailing address through my profile and I'll be happy to send them to you if we have time before you depart on your cruise. You can buy me a beer or two in return!:27_sunglasses:

Thanks rjac - much appreciated :)  However, I have now found them on Amazon UK.  What on earth did we do before Amazon?!

1 hour ago, GrubbyGrubbles said:

Thanks rjac - much appreciated :)  However, I have now found them on Amazon UK.  What on earth did we do before Amazon?!

Would you mind posting the link you found them on the UK/EU Amazon site. I'm in Ireland & finding it hard to source luggage tags for our cruise next month. 

7 minutes ago, MoBrien said:

Would you mind posting the link you found them on the UK/EU Amazon site. I'm in Ireland & finding it hard to source luggage tags for our cruise next month. 

Hi MoBrien.  They haven't arrived yet so I can't recommend them but the link is here:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/8ft/Cruise-Luggage-Tags-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity-Eight-New/B00X6M2CFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499206919&sr=8-1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags

On 7/5/2017 at 8:52 AM, Madelyn D said:

He said it was quicker for him to organize where they go. The numbers mean something and the colors mean something as well. 

Seems our lifeboat number matched  the number/letter, may have something to do with side and position on the ship (Libby).  pops