Refreshment Package and Coffee Card Question

We set sail on Allure July 9th.  My daughter and nieces like the specialty coffee drinks, like lattes, mochas, things like that.  The refreshment package says it doesn't include Starbucks, so we bought them the refreshment package and the coffee card.  Is this really necessary?  I see the refreshment package includes premium coffees.  Does this mean they can get espresso drinks with their refreshment package, they just can't get them at Starbucks?  What does premium coffee mean?  What kind of coffee drinks are included in the package?

Thanks again all!  This blog has been such a great help! 

1 minute ago, july_first.time_cruiser said:

We set sail on Allure July 9th.  My daughter and nieces like the specialty coffee drinks, like lattes, mochas, things like that.  The refreshment package says it doesn't include Starbucks, so we bought them the refreshment package and the coffee card.  Is this really necessary?  I see the refreshment package includes premium coffees.  Does this mean they can get espresso drinks with their refreshment package, they just can't get them at Starbucks?  What does premium coffee mean?  What kind of coffee drinks are included in the package?

Thanks again all!  This blog has been such a great help! 

They can get any espresso type drinks on the refreshment package, just not from a branded Starbucks shop on board. Sorry I don't know specifically about Allure, but somebody should be along shortly to help you more with specifics.

My understanding from cruise planner.   Starbucks kiosk is not included in any beverage  package; even the deluxe excludes Starbucks.  I went with the Cafe Select card - 15 specialty coffees for $31.  This provides my wife and I our morning lattes.   We also order 12 bottles of water, delivered to our cabin.  We don't drink sodas.   For our 7 night cruise this works out fine for us.  One thing for the cafe card, it does not include the tip.  We collect $5 bills 6 months before  our cruise for tips.   Based on what we drink, the Refreshment Pkg and Cafe Card would be redundant.  

It depends on how much non-alcoholic beverages you drink a day.  I hope this helps.

37 minutes ago, DocLC said:

@Bob_KY double check your purchase of the card as it's unusual for Royal not to include an automatic gratuity in the purchase. I have topped additional when warranted, though. 

Thanks DocLC!  I thought it tax.  Feelng dumb.  My last cruise, the baristas made out well with tips.