Waiting lists for Suites

Cruiselover

Hi fellow cruisers!

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on waiting lists for Suites.....do you find that there are many/any cancellations in the lead up to a cruise, say within the last 3 or 4 months??

I would love an Owners Suite and am on a waiting list but I'm wondering whether I will actually get one.....any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated!

I'd say it's worth trying.  One of two things could happen.....

1. Someone will cancel randomly

2. Someone will cancel when final payment is due

#2 is most likely to happen but I'd be on the wait list if you really want that sailing.

I agree with Matt. Given that there's no penalty for canceling prior to final payment, there's always a chance that someone will cancel as they may be holding multiple reservations waiting to decide which one will be best for them (e.g., airfare costs).

Thank you very much for the replies....I have been placed on a waiting list but I'm also keeping an eye on prices and other cabin availabilities. 

How do I found out when the final payment date is though, so that I can watch out for these cancellations?? It's a New Year's cruise so that may minimise the number of cancellations too....?

Thanks again!

Thank you very much for the replies....I have been placed on a waiting list but I'm also keeping an eye on prices and other cabin availabilities. 

How do I found out when the final payment date is though, so that I can watch out for these cancellations?? It's a New Year's cruise so that may minimise the number of cancellations too....?

Thanks again!

I am also going on a New Years Cruise and my final payment date is 9/29 which is in two weeks. Yours is probably around there as well. 

Yep- AND be very specific - sometimes you just want a Owners Suite but

I would list other suites if the ship has them as well or say ANY and ALL suites

if the cruise line let's you. Then if a Grand Suite pops up you might just take

that if the owner's does not materialize  and YES people cancel all the time and

there is often good luck in getting suites on a waitlist (depending on your number on waitlist)

Good Luck