First and Last RC meal?

FManke

13 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

Last meal: Mushroom Truffle Risotto from Giovanni's Table

First Meal: I think it was actually the Seafood Spaghetti from the Mojo menu with the Escargot as a starter and Royal Cheese Plate as dessert!

I know you have mentioned the risotto in the past and I will definitely be getting it on our upcoming cruise.

1 hour ago, klaconqueso said:

I hope I haven't oversold it!!! HAHA! 

I hope not either! That's ok though. If I don't like it, I can always get something else! And I'm going to get the escargot, unless of course, they have another world wide snail shortage!:4_joy:

Not really a meal, but they have an appetizer, puff pastry mushroom something, if it has to be a meal I would say the filet from Chops is up there with Tacos from Sabor.

First meal, was in 1990, I have no idea, it was a 7 day cruise, first night was a Sunday, I would guess steak or Prime Rib. That was before I knew you could order additional entries, so I would have been pretty conservative on what I ordered. It was on this cruise though were I fell in love with Escargot and tried Lamb for the first time.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:36 PM, FManke said:

If you had one last meal on a RC ship, what would it be?

Also, do you remember your first RC meal? What was it?

I can't remember my last meal, nevermind my first!

Okay, that's a lie.  Last meal was Wonderland on Harmony.

First meal was 25+ years ago.  Definitely don't remember that one!

The last meal for us was the lamb shank on Grandeur.  At least, that's what Dan had.  I think I had fried cod of some kind.

First meal ?  Who knows....whatever the MDR was serving the first night of our very first cruise, which was also on Grandeur...out of Tampa.

My favorite thing to eat on Royal is the cream of mushroom soup so if I could only order 1 more thing for eternity, that would be it !  I would beg for a Grand Marnier Souffle to go with it though....

Last meal on a RCI vessel? A terrible tragedy to ponder... but still... For starters, the chilled banana rum soup, and the fruit salad. Then for dessert, the Bailey's Banana Creme Brulee. No need for a main course... just keep those coming.

The actuall last meal was breakfast at Windjammer on disembarkation day. 

First meal was fruit salad, grilled chicken and baked potato, and the BBB in the MDR on Majesty. Was a great start...

Our first meal was on the Indy and it was Honeystung Chicken in the Windjammer,  I remember Matt saying how good it was and that it was a tradition to have Honeystung on embarkation day and boy was he right NEVER LOOKED  BACK :15_yum:.

My personal choice for a last meal on board would be a combo of a great steak in Chops followed by one of each desserts on Giovannis trolley ( I am now drooling ). 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:27 PM, DAVE(Darkcabbie) said:

Our first meal was on the Indy and it was Honeystung Chicken in the Windjammer,  I remember Matt saying how good it was and that it was a tradition to have Honeystung on embarkation day and boy was he right NEVER LOOKED  BACK :15_yum:.

My personal choice for a last meal on board would be a combo of a great steak in Chops followed by one of each desserts on Giovannis trolley ( I am now drooling ). 

From what I've read recently, Honey Stung chicken might be a thing of the past. I hope not as I will look for it in Oct. Also, I look forward to visiting both Chops and Giovanni's. The menus both look great!

8 hours ago, FManke said:

From what I've read recently, Honey Stung chicken might be a thing of the past. I hope not as I will look for it in Oct. Also, I look forward to visiting both Chops and Giovanni's. The menus both look great!

Boy i hope not :37_disappointed: i love it.

Both restaurants are awesome and the food and service is fantastic. For me though i think Chops is best for the main part of your meal but Giovanni's is best for dessert especially the cannolis there amazing. Chops would of had me on both but they stopped serving my favorite dessert Flaming Creme Brulee (see our profile pic) bad move RC that was in my view your best dessert in Chops. 

My first meal was on the Windjammer.  though it was good, it was not memorable.  I think I made a sandwich of some coldcuts and had a hotdog which was more flavorful thatn the Coney Island dog upstairs at the doghouse.

The first real meal would be the MDR - American Icon - I had the Wild mushroom soup (really good.  They had the more plain Cream of Mushroom up at the Winjammer that night and Cream of Mushroom again later for the Galley brunch 3 days later).  followed by Escargot - I was to looking forward to it.  It was tasty, but nothing I would order again for the remainder of the cruise.  The dark seeded sliced bread in the basket of rolls was great!  Need to find a recipe fo  Nothing else caught my eye on the MDR menu (it was the one with Prime Rib of Beef), So I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognaise.  I figured to order it to benchmark against my wife's (don't tell her) and see if there could be improvement to her already good cooking.  I think they added a bit of cream.  Dessert was the Grand Marnier Souffle which was also good.  Just a hint of oranginess in my opinion.

My last meal was the rack of lamb which I would order again and again!  The roasted duck was also very good.  I would order that again.  The vanilla mousse in the Windjammer would be another I am missing.

As for my very last meal, that would have been breakfast at the Windjammer.  Trying to recreate the Muesli they served in little plastic cups.  I've gone through three variations of Bircher Muesli since returning from my Anthem cruise (including one I found on Printrest that claims to be the RCCL Bircher Muesli).  So far, the closest I have gotten was to take a small amount of uncooked oatmeal and whirly it in the Vitamix to a fine powder, them mix that in with the regular Muesli and milk mix overnight, finish off with some half and half mixed in before serving.  No addition of yogurt as I did not recall any yogurt tanginess in the Anthem museli.  Also had eggs (OK), several buttered rolls (love their breads!), bacon, and some fruit.  

I'll add pictures to this later.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DocLC said:

Last trip we started with Samba Grille and ended with 150 Central Park. But on non-Oasis class ships, we usually dine in Giovanni's Table the first night and Chops on the last night.

We're scheduled for MDR on the first night, Giovanni's Table on the last, and Izumi and Chops in between. The other three nights we'll decide as we go.

I would have to go with 150 Central Park on the Allure of the Seas for my last meal. Specifically, the various flavored salts on the bread for the wife and for me was the Dry Aged Rib eye finished table side. AMAZING!

The wife and I stumbled upon it during our cruise on 25 June 2017 and ended up switching our reservations for the last night to go out with a bang.

• 3 weeks later...