RCI Web Site

Geema

22 hours ago, iamjohnbamber said:

I used to use cruises.united.com to browse available cruises, then I discovered MEI Travel (Thanks @Matt) and now, I don't need any website... Stephanie @ MEI hooks me UP!

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

Guest toodle68

The problem with the RC website is due to a very badly design cache approach. It can be fine the first time you run through a booking.. but if you go back and change options, it all goes to shit.  I got caught once doing that.  So if you are going to run through multiple bookings for cost, you need to open your browser up in a new incognito window to ensure the prices are correct.

Notice that it also says "from" just above the price on the first page. Two possibilities: (1) that's what the prices started at or that was the lowest price available at one time, or (2) fees and taxes aren't included until the next page.

I went on the RCI website to look at something on my reservation and got the message that "this reservation is being modified...please try later". I have never seen this before. Does this mean they are making changes to my reservation? Should I be worried? :38_worried:

21 minutes ago, Geema said:

I went on the RCI website to look at something on my reservation and got the message that "this reservation is being modified...please try later". I have never seen this before. Does this mean they are making changes to my reservation? Should I be worried? :38_worried:

That happened to me once, when I called to ask what was going on, they said I didn't exit out of the cruise planner properly ..... It's a shame that it just didn't "time out" when I got out of the web site ..... but ..... this is about par for the course with this site.

I was reviewing one of my cruises once, got out, logged out, and when they tried to get in they got the same message, ask me if I was in it and I told them no, but I had been, and was told I didn't exit out correctly, I'm an IT guy, I know how to log in and out of systems without causing any issues. I had to wait 30 minutes and call back then they could get in...

6 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

That happened to me once, when I called to ask what was going on, they said I didn't exit out of the cruise planner properly ..... It's a shame that it just didn't "time out" when I got out of the web site ..... but ..... this is about par for the course with this site.

Thanks. I just didn't want any last minute surprises.

3 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I was reviewing one of my cruises once, got out, logged out, and when they tried to get in they got the same message, ask me if I was in it and I told them no, but I had been, and was told I didn't exit out correctly, I'm an IT guy, I know how to log in and out of systems without causing any issues. I had to wait 30 minutes and call back then they could get in...

Thanks!

I got this message the other day when I was trying to purchase our Dragon's Breath zip line tickets. The credit card wasn't going through, kept getting "Calendar Error" even though I was entering the right expiration date. I had to call RCI directly to buy the tickets, and while the person on the phone was making that purchase for me, I had that message appear. Soon as she finished the purchase, I was able to see my reservation details again (with the newly purchased tickets in place).

Definitely NOT related to my mid-completion online purchase, since that was still in my cart after the service rep finished up and I actually had to manually delete it since was "no longer available".

I often go to RCCL main page and use the "Plan a cruise" "Search by ship" to look at deck plans and amenities on specific ships, so I just went there and the page is completely different, everything kind of pops out at you now, especially leading with the Oasis class ships, and then when you click on a ship, same thing, everything kind of pops out at you, I obviously didn't click on every ship but the ones I did click on had been updated.

Maybe this is why the web pages have been weird all week? I looked at Liberty on Monday and the page wasn't like it is today.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:38 AM, tiny260 said:

I often go to RCCL main page and use the "Plan a cruise" "Search by ship" to look at deck plans and amenities on specific ships, so I just went there and the page is completely different, everything kind of pops out at you now, especially leading with the Oasis class ships, and then when you click on a ship, same thing, everything kind of pops out at you, I obviously didn't click on every ship but the ones I did click on had been updated.

Maybe this is why the web pages have been weird all week? I looked at Liberty on Monday and the page wasn't like it is today.

Yikes, that's exactly the same way I search for cruises.  I HATE this new format.  I had to search and search to find the ship(s) I wanted to check.  WAAAYTOOO hard to find what I'm looking for !