New Cruise Planner Sale

1 hour ago, DocLC said:

Just checked my March/April B2B cruise planners, no sale there. Must be too far out. Which cruise are you seeing this sale on?

10 minutes ago, rjac said:

Just checked my March/April B2B cruise planners, no sale there. Must be too far out. Which cruise are you seeing this sale on?

I've heard the same from others here. You'll likely benefit from sales they'll have around Thanksgiving (e.g., Black Friday or Cyber Monday). 

1 hour ago, DocLC said:

Rebooked 3 shore excursions for Oct cruise on Serenade and saved $120! This is the first time that the shore excursions have gone on sale, since our original booking in Feb. Refreshment package also dropped, but only by $.50 a day since I got it on sale last time. I did not rebook that. I might be a little manic, but not that manic!:4_joy:

16 minutes ago, jce2 said:
  • Wait!!  Excursions go on sale?  I figured RC stuff might but since excursions are contracted with outside agencies I assumed they were exempt

They do. I saved with a similar sale before we left on the Allure in January. 

Yay! Was able to grab a spontaneous excursion booking - decided to go for the Jet Ski tour at Labadee (just one driver/passenger pair). We loved the tour at Coco Cay so looking forward to trying this at Labadee!

I did also see that the non-suite cabanas were on sale, so if you've been on the fence about a cabana I'd check that out. 

8 minutes ago, FManke said:

Does anybody know how close to a cruise date they will stop putting something on sale? Just wondering when is a good time to stop checking the cruise planner for sales?

I'm pretty sure you can book things in the cruise planner all the way up to a couple days out from your sail date, so I'd imagine if there was a sale going it'd still apply as long as you're in the Cruise Planner booking window.

4 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

Yay! Was able to grab a spontaneous excursion booking - decided to go for the Jet Ski tour at Labadee (just one driver/passenger pair). We loved the tour at Coco Cay so looking forward to trying this at Labadee!

I did also see that the non-suite cabanas were on sale, so if you've been on the fence about a cabana I'd check that out. 

It's amazing you can do anything at all.  To say that the RCCL website is a polished turd would be an insult to polished turds.

1 minute ago, klaconqueso said:

I'm pretty sure you can book things in the cruise planner all the way up to a couple days out from your sail date, so I'd imagine if there was a sale going it'd still apply as long as you're in the Cruise Planner booking window.

Thanks Kla!

Guess I'll have to keep checking. It's worth it though. I have saved over $200 by rebooking drink pkgs and excursions!

1 minute ago, BrianAlt said:

It's amazing you can do anything at all.  To say that the RCCL website is a polished turd would be an insult to polished turds.

I did have to clear my cache a few times to make it bearable... I agree, their site is beyond frustrating.

You can always call RCCL, if you don't want to deal with the website.

5 minutes ago, FManke said:

This has worked for me also.

1 minute ago, klaconqueso said:

I'd really love to have words with their website's QA team someday....

It's not working for me.  I'm in a loop where they log me off every 3 of 4 times I try to get into the reservation.  When I do get in, and I click Cruise Planner, it brings me to the screen where you go into cruise planner without logging in.  Or it takes me to a blank screen.  Or it logs me out telling me I've been inactive for more than 15 minutes.

I'm also being told my reservation number is invalid about half the time.

I cleared cookies and used alternate browsers. 

I'm an applications manager.  I can't believe they even have a QA team.

It's not working for me.  I'm in a loop where they log me off every 3 of 4 times I try to get into the reservation.  When I do get in, and I click Cruise Planner, it brings me to the screen where you go into cruise planner without logging in.  Or it takes me to a blank screen.  Or it logs me out telling me I've been inactive for more than 15 minutes.

I guess just be glad that dept. doesn't actually run the ship!

3 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Maybe they should reinvest some of that room service and corkage fee revenue back into their IT dept.! :10_wink:

30 minutes ago, FManke said:

Does anybody know how close to a cruise date they will stop putting something on sale? Just wondering when is a good time to stop checking the cruise planner for sales?

At the bottom of the page on most pages in the Cruise Planner, it will say what the cut-off is for purchases via Cruise Planner.  It's right around 4 days, if memory serves me correctly.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

At the bottom of the page on most pages in the Cruise Planner, it will say what the cut-off is for purchases via Cruise Planner.  It's right around 4 days, if memory serves me correctly.

I remember seeing that. I was just wondering if they "cut-off" a cruise, so to speak, as far as sales go, so many days before sailing. To lock you in to what you have already paid.

33 minutes ago, Big jools said:

Hi guys I missed the june 30% off beverage package and am sailing on allure sept 17 will there be any more before I sale and how often do they come up

I'd keep an eye out around Labor Day. Also keep an eye on the blog as @Matt is very good at identifying when the sales are. 

1 hour ago, Big jools said:

What day is labour day I'm english so don't know your holidays

Sorry about that. First Monday in September. @BrianAlt gave the date for this year above in his reply. 

Does anyone know if there are regional restrictions on these sales?