Is Momma Mia going away?

Rumor has it that RCCL will be eliminating Momma Mia when Allure of the Seas comes to Port Canaveral for the shorter 3 day / 4 days cruises.  Please say it isn't true!!!  That is the best show they have in their fleet and one of the reasons I have two Allure cruises booked this fall.

Any info?

Please Save Momma!!!

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Please cite the source of this rumor.

Something a person currently on Allure was told by a staff member.  She said she wasn't sure it was true but that is what she was told.  That's why I wanted to see what everyone else had heard.  Hopefully if isn't true; but, if it is, maybe if a lot of us lobby to keep Mamma Mia RCCL will reconsider.

On 6/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, Florida Momma said:

Rumor has it that RCCL will be eliminating Momma Mia when Allure of the Seas comes to Port Canaveral for the shorter 3 day / 4 days cruises.  Please say it isn't true!!!  That is the best show they have in their fleet and one of the reasons I have two Allure cruises booked this fall.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:34 AM, Florida Momma said:

Something a person currently on Allure was told by a staff member.  She said she wasn't sure it was true but that is what she was told.  That's why I wanted to see what everyone else had heard.  Hopefully if isn't true; but, if it is, maybe if a lot of us lobby to keep Mamma Mia RCCL will reconsider.

Unless there is a big dry dock scheduled before the move to Port Canaveral, it don't see how this rumor could possibly be true.  Moving set pieces on/off a ship is not something that is done between cruises.  I've only ever heard of it being done during dry dock.

Many good points have been made already:

Reasons this may not be true:

• Mamma Mia is one of Royals best shows
  • In order to change out a show it typically takes a dry dock visit

Reasons it may be true:

• Mamma Mia is well over 3 hours and may be more appropriate for a 7 day sailing
  • if it is too long for a 3/4 night sailing, perhaps it will get transferred to Utopia or Icon 2 or 3
  • Royalty fees may be rising and causing it to be a cost cutting target, it may get "Liberty'd" 

Since it is such a beloved show, regardless of whether this rumor is true or false, hopefully the show stays somewhere in Royal's fleet.

12 hours ago, asquared17 said:

surrey with the fringe on top!!!!

i remember this when my grandmother would sing it and play it on cassette 💚

…i may be dating myself 😂

And I would be that proverbial grandmother.  AND I had the album, yup actual vinyl.  How’s that for dating?!?

• 6 months later...

Nope. Just watched all 3 shows last weekend a Monday to Friday cruise. Have seen Momma Mia in Vegas.. Broadway.. The movie. and now 3 times on the Allure... ... ...!!! And I really mean ...! Especially the song Momma Mia and how they did the back up  singers all in the stage right door.

To start it off. I didn't know it was "Rosie" who did my safety briefing upon boarding. She promised me a "Queen wave" too.