First time cruise with Royal Caribbean

eme1107

I am looking to cruise for the first time with Royal Caribbean in July 2016-already starting to save my pennies!  We live in Texas, so we are planning on sailing out of Galveston-from what I see it will either be Liberty or Navigator of the Seas.  My family of 5 along with my parents will be going.  We've been on 2 prior cruises with Carnival (and absolutely loved them), but we both thought it would be nice to try something different (plus all of the amazing videos we see with Royal Caribbean)!  Any info-what type rooms we should get (go for the suite or no?), drink packages, excursions, are the Liberty/Navigator nice ships…  Thank you!

I love both ships and if I had a choice, I'd go for Navigator because of the upgrades that ship got.

As for stateroom, your budget may dictate more than anything what you can get but suites are really the way to cruise, if you can afford it. I think most people will tell you balcony staterooms are plenty nice too.

They have great family staterooms that will hold up to 6 people on these ships if you book them early you should be able to

get them or you can get two connecting staterooms too for probably a similar price and that will give you two bathrooms

which can be nice on longer cruises.  Liberty is very nice and has lots to do for families, but like Matt said the Navigator

has some good upgrades too.   lots to ponder -