Let's Show Majesty Some Love

Everyone's always talking about Oasis this, and Harmony that, and while those are fabulous ships... I think Majesty needs some love. She's been around the block a few times, she's not the biggest or newest, but she's amazingly special. I had such a great time on the 4-night Bahamas cruise back in February, got me thinking: What's your favorite thing about Majesty of the Seas?

For me, it was that feeling of nostalgia, taking me back to what it was like cruising with my family in the late 90's. My first cruise was on Celebrity's Horizon, but with Royal Caribbean was on Legend in 1997; Majesty reminded me of that time period. It didn't feel dated or old; the ship still felt relevant just not bursting at the seams with technology. It let me focus on relaxing, and the overall cruise experience more so than inundating me with tons of activities and things to try. The crew were so warm and welcoming, it didn't even feel like a big cruise ship. I felt like I was a guest in the crew's home and they were thrilled to have me staying with them for a few days. 

IMG_0938.jpg

Her size - it doesn't take long to get anywhere and having sailed on her twice she has never felt overcrowded to me. 

Also worth noting, in my opinion the best Windjammer in the fleet as far as food quality. 

Yeah, being on Majesty was some what different than even than Vision.

Strange being on such a small ship after doing Freedom so many time. Weird walking from one end to the other without realizing it. One odd thing was deck 6 as a tween deck. Being on one end and going from deck 5 to 7. Yeah, was fun having a room on that deck.

With so few bars and lounges you had plenty of chances to see others. As already stated, the crew was so friendly. Would love to sail one her again, but I keep one getting lured back over to the biggies.

Guest toodle68

We were just on Majesty at the end of May. My wife has been on several times and the 1st time 24 years ago when she (the ship) was new. We had several issues, the first being that the AC just could not keep up on Deck 6. We had a horrid first night due to the heat. We ask for someone to look at it and they made it worse, burst some pipe and made the room unusable. Our interactions with guest services was terrible. They just didn't care.. We waited hours to sort it all out and eventually moved to another room on Deck 5.

They have put in a kiddie pool since our last visit which cut down the main pool.. which of course is where the older kids were playing. There seemed to be no one cleaning up the WJ plates out by the pool and after a while there was half eaten food on nearly every surface.

The MDR tables are so packed together that the bum of the wait staff drags on the table as they go between. The food in MDR was nothing like our last cruise. One night I ended up with raw steak, not rare, raw. After we changed rooms, it confused the MDR and we ended up right at the end near the kitchen with a wait staff station next to us.

The walking track on deck 12 is nearly impossible to walk around when it starts to get busy. The loungers on both sides make the track just wide enough for 2 people, but of course, the loungers move, people stand around, bags etc.. We tried to walk on deck 5 but there was always a lot of maintenance going on and sections closed. They try to do dance pool parties on the pool deck, but there is just no room. We were told that on our cruise there were 2,700 people on which seemed weird considering the max listed is 2,300.. but it would not surprise me, the ship was packed.

For our 3 night cruise, there seemed to be an awful lot more young 'adult' and drunks.

We traveled on Majesty 3 years ago and enjoyed the cruise.. so maybe having a full ship did not help.

After recently traveling on Liberty, we found it to be a great size ship. I can't imagine we will travel on Majesty again, she is certainly showing her age.

We just did Majesty for the first time on memorial day.

We were pleasantly surprised ... certainly you don't have the bells and whistles of the big boats but for a quick getaway to the Bahamas it was affordable and pleasant. Looking at doing Majesty again but probably the 3 day since the only real complaint we did have was the lack of activities on the sea day. Rather skip that and not take as much time off work.

Didn't find Windjammer to be more impressive than any other but certainly not less. Temperatures were generally ok, we always bring a fan for the room that helps as well though.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:19 AM, CruiseweekTV said:

I totally loved the ship and especially the crew when I went on this ship, what it lacks in new features the crew makes up for in personality

Well said, and couldn't agree more. 

In the captain's welcome ceremony, the captain said it may be the second-smallest ship in the fleet but it has the biggest heart of them all. 

We sailed on our first cruise on Majesty, April 2017.....First day in we looked at each other and said let's book another right now. Like another poster had said, what she lacks in the bells and whistles, more than makes up for in character and her crew is top-notch. Headed back on in Aug 2017 for the 4 night trip, which is perfect for us with our work schedules. Although it doesn't have the activities of other ships, we were always going to bed around 2AM every night just totally wiped out.

Interestingly enough, this thread was started when we were embarking on our first cruise, on, you guessed it, Majesty. Honestly, I'm glad we went on her for our first cruise. Her size was a good springboard for getting used to being onboard ship. We were celebrating our 16th Anniversary, and a friendof ours got married in the Viking Crown that Sunday. The crew was phenomenal. Very attentive (especially to my food allergies) and always kind. And the food. Wow. Didn't have any problems with the room, though we did notice she needed a little polishing in a few spots. Kinda expected that in a vessel with that kind of frequent turnaround and age. She may not be the youngest belle at the ball, but she has heart. Looking forward to our next cruise in Oct. 2018.