Check-in

Luz

The answer is Yes... 

• You have to wait until 2:30 pm to follow the rules and not cause issues.  
  • BUT
  • 1/2 of the time they do not check boarding times, or they could be running way ahead of schedule.  It's harder to move forward with a 12:30 pm time but by 2:30 pm they should be ahead of schedule.

Good morning everyone! We’re sailing on our first Royal Caribbean cruise Saturday! Our boarding time is 11 AM, and we have valet parking at the Port of Tampa. What time should we get there so that we can board at 11 AM? I’ve seen in multiple places that you don’t want to get there too early, because they’ll turn you away. How early is too early here?

Thanks!

You can arrive early, but be prepared to wait before you can board.  Even if you check-in at say 10:30, you will most likely be waiting in boarding area inside terminal until ship is cleared to board.  And boarding in done in a certain order usually, back to back passengers go back on first.  Then suites and pinnacles. 

If you are sailing out of PC, I think Wonder does, they have a particular boarding system. I.e. they may let you in terminal but you still will wait until a myriad of groups board. If you are sailing most other ports, you might be required to wait outside in the heat until at least noon if you arrive before that.

This past weekend while we were disembarking there were people complaining at 9:00 they couldn’t get on board yet. The agent was trying to tell them they were too early and not everybody was off the ship. Wife and I just stood there  thinking some people really don’t get it.