Baggage Service in Seattle?

When we disembark Explorer of the Seas in Seattle we will some time to explore the city before heading to the airport.  Our flight is at 5:30 pm.

Does anyone know what our options are for dealing with our luggage for that time?  I not planning on dragging luggage around for 5 people through Seattle.

Does the Pier have lockers or storage available?  Does the airport have storage available?

Thanks

I know in the cruise planner their are excursions Royal offers when you get off of the ship. You can book them when you get on board the first day. They take care of your luggage. If you booked through a travel agent or through Royal I would call and find out what they have to offer.

Candie

dheinle,

I found this on Royal's website. I was just in Seattle and they didn't offer it on the ship. According to Guest Services they are trying to implement it but haven't succeeded yet. I have used it four times in Fort Lauderdale and love it.

Candie

Luggage Valet

s.gif

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage. 

This service is available in these selected ports:

Fort Lauderdale

• Port Canaveral

and on these selected airlines:

American

• Delta
  • United
  • US Airways
  • Jet Blue
  • Southwest Airlines
Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

DocKC,

I just got off the Explorer and the Seattle Luggage Valet was not available. Royal offers the same thing but only in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I find it hard to believe a program they charge $25 a bag will be offered for free, that is what I meant. I could be wrong but I just can't see it.

As of right now it still isn't implemented,

Candie

@firegal2539 I think they're offering it for free because it's creating chaos at the airport with the increased number of shots in port. We died from there a couple of years ago and it took well over two hours just to check our bags. Fortunately, we had plenty of time, but others didn't. This eliminates the bottle necks they've been experiencing at the airports. My in-laws even reported that Princess has a private entrance at the airport if you use their transportation from the port to the ship and it's possible that other airlines use this entrance, too. 

DocLC,

I got it. At SeaTac after you go to baggage claim and get your bags you are instructed to bring your bags to a counter where you leave them and they bring them to the ship. You can't do this from the ship to the airport, it is only one way.

As Homer says DUH.

Candie