Quality and variety of food disappointing

We were on an 11 night on Vision of the Seas in Feb 2023.  This was our 35Th cruise, we never complained about any of our cruises till this one.  Extremely disappointed in the food in the dining room AND the Windjammer. The cut back on the quality and variety was  so obvious it is ridiculous.  I always do a future cruise booking every time we go at the end of the cruise I threw the form away.  We talked to several people who also were very upset over the food. Sent the survey in and received a response that basically disregarded our concern. Talked to others that recently went on another RCL ship and had the same experience with the food.  I will not book with them until the remove their "new" menu and return to the high quality they always had before.  Has anyone else had this experience that we had?  I am a stockholder and seriously considering liquidating before too many customers have this experience. We are going to try Carnival  this fall.

Hmm, op doesn't have a lot of posts, but their first post back in may 2021 claimed they already did 35 cruises. Also said they had one booked for Oct 2021, but above says this Feb was their 35th cruise. Complaining about the food from a cruise 4 months ago, then saying they're going to Carnival

Sailed 38 nights since new menu and am okay with it.  Tried some new to me menu entrees that were very good and some not what I want, that is to be expected from each person.   Service for the most part was excellent but then a couple of nights not so good.  For us each night there were menu entrees that we liked.  Seems portion size has decreased but that helps with the waistline.  If a person wants/needs more they can order another entree.

Not selling my shares that have doubled.

No complaints from us on quality of food!

21 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

Hmm, op doesn't have a lot of posts, but their first post back in may 2021 claimed they already did 35 cruises. Also said they had one booked for Oct 2021, but above says this Feb was their 35th cruise. Complaining about the food from a cruise 4 months ago, then saying they're going to Carnival

Why can’t we take posts at face value and not do a personal “Columbo” forensic check on their posting history? Not sure it’s relevant myself.

On 5/24/2023 at 10:15 PM, TessFromFlorida said:

IMO, if you are looking for higher quality, Carnival will disappoint. 

Ehh...the one thing I DO hear positive about Carnival is the food... I've heard from many people that the food is the only thing better about Carnival than RC. I have no problem with the food on RC, it's just fine for me, but people definitely seem to lean toward Carnival when it comes to main dining room and buffet food. 

For those that want to bitch about the new menus or the food aboard (or, the lack there of) I suggest you rephrase your argument on your post cruise survey.

Tell them the food is not what they are capable of doing. Tell them they they are not utilizing the talents of the kitchen staff. Tell them they are not utilizing the millions of dollars they have spent in every galley. Tell them they have narrowed the serving staff and they are capable of so much more. This is a much more poignant and painful argument than "I want my French Onion Soup every night". And, everyone from the corner offices in Miami to the blue scarf wearing dishwashers knows that this is true. A much more of a direct stab to the heart if you will.

Costco of the Seas is unacceptable.

15 hours ago, loki007 said:

I have noticed the food quality varies vastly from ship to ship since the restart, not sure why? The food on Mariner was absolutley terrible (both the Windjammer and MDR)  but last month on Liberty the food was great, I think my favorite meal was in the Windjammer one night. 

I’m currently on Liberty and the food is definitely better than done if the other sailings I’ve done on other ships.  Even the windjammer seemed to have fresh food at night though I feel the selections are “eh”.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, Justneedtocruise said:

We were on an 11 night on Vision of the Seas in Feb 2023.  This was our 35Th cruise, we never complained about any of our cruises till this one.  Extremely disappointed in the food in the dining room AND the Windjammer. The cut back on the quality and variety was  so obvious it is ridiculous.  I always do a future cruise booking every time we go at the end of the cruise I threw the form away.  We talked to several people who also were very upset over the food. Sent the survey in and received a response that basically disregarded our concern. Talked to others that recently went on another RCL ship and had the same experience with the food.  I will not book with them until the remove their "new" menu and return to the high quality they always had before.  Has anyone else had this experience that we had?  I am a stockholder and seriously considering liquidating before too many customers have this experience. We are going to try Carnival  this fall.

A boycott of RC to await a menu change is rogue. Carnival is not going to solve the issue unless you park yourself at Guys Burger joint for 7 days.