A few random questions

Hello! I"m sailing on the Quantum of the Seas to Alaska here next week.  A few random questions. 

1. Is the straws paper? Just curious because I hate those straws.

2. Even tho I have the soda package the sodas at the bars cost correct?

3. I'm doing the excursion for the helicopter then we do the dog sledding.  It says no bags so do they have a place to put them while we are in helicopter? Or do we just keep our bag on the ship? If the excursion is canceled how do we know? I know this excursion get canceled a lot since of the weather. 

4. How is the ice tea on the ship? Does it taste like restaurants on land?  Is it better in the main dinning room vs in the buffet where you can get ice tea? Do they have splenda equal?

5. Do they have sausage gravy and chip beef gravy on the ship?

6. We are going to Wonderland the first night of the cruise and I notice in the main dining room they have the vegan herb crusted stuff portobello.  Would I be able to get that another night since I"m going to Wonderland the first night?

7. I booked a excursion for the lumber jack show.  I saw blogs that its says pretty much right off the ship in port and you can just walk off and get tickets.  Do they sell out? Just curious because then I'll cancel the excursion and just walk up and get tickets.

8.  Is there 2 plugs in the inside stateroom? Me and my husband just have 2 phones to charge and that is it.  If I need to buy a extra power strip or what ever its called do you suggest a good one?

Thanks!

Just came off Radiance.  They had plastic straws. Not sure if these are left overs or enough people complained so they brought back the plastic ones.

Ice Tea is concentrated that they just add water to across the ship restaurants.

Plugs - the newer ships have plugs (both electric & usb) each side of the bed, and on the desk.

1. Paper straws, but they don’t totally suck.

2. I believe only canned soda will cost you.

3. Bags are left in lockers at the airport. Did this excursion 5 years ago. It’s a bucket list item for sure.

4. It’s not the best, but I’ve had worse. It’s the same no matter where you get it.

5. No

6. You have to look at the menus in your CP to see if that’s offered. They aren’t going to offer it to you another night just because you are going to Wonderland that night.

7. Yes it sells out. But no way to know if it will in your specific day. My two cents: There are WAAAAY better excursions in Ketchikan than that show. It one of of my least recommended excursions in that port. 

8. Yes there are two plugs

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

There is sausage gravy once in a while.

But it's just pieces of sausage cut up and added to a cream sauce. It is definitely not prepared to match the flavor you can expect to find in the US (not even the places that I would describe the dish as "bland").

The biscuits are usually very good, though.

15 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

But it's just pieces of sausage cut up and added to a cream sauce. It is definitely not prepared to match the flavor you can expect to find in the US (not even the places that I would describe the dish as "bland").

The biscuits are usually very good, though.

This used to be one of the things I would eat on a regular basis.  Too many biscuits hard as a rock and yes, bland -I gave it up.  Just not worth the calories.

Just got off Quantum so I'm adding in a tiny bit of nuance...

1. The paper straws aren't what you think of - they last forever and "feel" just like plastic straws.

2. Cans of soda, yes. But soda from the bars out of a gun (coke products) are included, as are sodas at the main dining room and other areas around the ship.

3. Can't help on this one.

4. How is the ice tea on the ship? AWFUL but you can request a pot to heat water and brew your own, plus your cabin should have a mini-fridge so I just take regular tea and chill it.  Do they have splenda equal? YES.

5. Do they have sausage gravy and chip beef gravy on the ship? Sausage gravy at breakfast in the Windjammer sometimes. 

6. Can't help.

7. The lumberjack show is directly off the ship (you can see the small arena from the ship itself) but I don't know how often it sells out.  Maybe check and see if you can reserve online?

8.  There are two plugs plus two usb ports in the cabin.  There's also a plug in the bathroom (for the hair dryer) if you need it.

12 minutes ago, Riley said:

2. Cans of soda, yes. But soda from the bars out of a gun (coke products) are included, as are sodas at the main dining room and other areas around the ship.

On rare occasions, they have given me a can of coke at the bar with my soda package. I never asked for a can, it’s just what they gave me. But most of the time it was out of their gun.