Problem with RC web site ?

Michel

I'm having trouble accessing the cruise planer page. Actually, I can't get there at all. After I login into My Cruise, I try to access the cruise planner page i get this message: 

Error

We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625

So I called them but there not really helping. Was told that "there working on that issue" ?!? As far as I'm concerned, they have been working on it for at least a month. 

I know I'm not the only one, facebook is full of other people who can't access that page. Any idea ? 

Thanks in advance

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I just got to mine, I'm accessing through Firefox, I would try Firefox or Chrome and not IE.

I can never get IE to work with cruise planner.

That's interesting, I can access the cruise planner with IE when Chrome starts to flake out on me. 

3 minutes ago, rjac said:

That's interesting, I can access the cruise planner with IE when Chrome starts to flake out on me. 

If you have problems with Chrome, definitely clear the cookies.  You can use an option that will only clear those in the last hour or the last day.  That way you won't blow away all of your settings.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647

• 2 weeks later...

I have called twice; my reservation disappearing from "my cruises"  and booking confirmations were wrong after payment.  Both times the service rep said scheduled patches  and upgrades were causing havoc.  The problem is at their end.  

If it makes anyone feel better, this isn't exclusive to Royal. I've had a similar problem with Princess where their system was generating a new Loyalty number for me with each reservation that was made, so it screwed up the whole system and they had to go in and manually purge the duplicated entries before the system would work. 

And frankly,  i love disney but i think for a company that is such a leader in so many things,  their website just stinks.   Its slow and constantly had stitch showing up saying he ate the page!   Seems funny these companies can't get their websites running better.   Jane

Guest toodle68

The issue I am currently having is that I can get to the booking, but the section showing my payments is missing and the amount owed is different than the booking email I receive when I make a payment.. and the amount owed in that booking email is completely wrong.  

I use Chrome and have been having some of the same problems described in other posts.  By going to Chrome, Settings, Advanced, Content Settings, All Cookies, and then doing a search for all "roy" cookies.  Delete all of the cookies that the search comes up with.  Success.  My website works again.  At least for today  :12_slight_smile:  

In a separate issue, I have been irritated with all the pretty marketing pictures you get when all you want to do is see a cabin price for a cruise.  I normally use VTG to do quick searches and then use RCI to find exact cabins and prices.  Anyway,,,Log into RCI.  When you get the blue bar across the top, click on "Cruise Deals".  Then click on "Get Royal Deals".  There you will find the familiar "Find a Cruise" box that we all know and love.  No more scrolling through pictures of ships!  

8 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

FWIW, it still isn't perfect but I have the best luck with IE. 

... Royal's site is literally the only thing I use Internet Explorer for.

Interesting.  I don't use IE regularly, but when I have, I haven't noticed fewer problems.

44 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Interesting.  I don't use IE regularly, but when I have, I haven't noticed fewer problems.

I don't always use IE, but when I do,,,I was also having problems.  (That sounds like a TV beer ad)  IE will not let you select which cookies to delete so I just deleted all.  That seemed to fix it for me. 

2 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

1 hour ago, craig403 said:

I don't always use IE, but when I do,,,I was also having problems.  (That sounds like a TV beer ad)  IE will not let you select which cookies to delete so I just deleted all.  That seemed to fix it for me. 

I didn't say it made it work, I said it gave me personally the fewest issues. I am on a Windows machine. When I'm on my iPad I have much better luck in Chrome. YMMV. 

I can't access most parts of the cruise planner in Chrome. As soon as I click on anything I get a 400 cookies error and then before I try to log back in and do anything else I have to wait for the reservation to unlock.