Room service-limiting orders?

Someone currently on Oasis posted they were told  by Room service the appetizers are now considered entrees and that there is a limit of one entree per person via Room Service .

I was on Grandeur in January and we were told the same thing.  I really hadn’t given it any thought as I don’t typically order room service.  I did not see notes on the room service menu stating 1entree per person, nor were the appetizers listed under entrees.  The food they brought us was wrong, we were reimbursed and that was that. 

has anyone else had restrictions?  What if you are traveling with linked reservations? Can you order for the linked cabin? Or do they have to be sitting in their own cabin to get their food?  

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Someone currently on Oasis posted they were told  by Room service the appetizers are now considered entrees and that there is a limit of one entree per person via Room Service .

I was on Grandeur in January and we were told the same thing.  I really hadn’t given it any thought as I don’t typically order room service.  I did not see notes on the room service menu stating 1entree per person, nor were the appetizers listed under entrees.  The food they brought us was wrong, we were reimbursed and that was that. 

has anyone else had restrictions?  What if you are traveling with linked reservations? Can you order for the linked cabin? Or do they have to be sitting in their own cabin to get their food?  

Oh Hell No!!!!

Please do not let this be true. Enough is Enough already.

So for $7.95 you only get one thing? Appetizer or Entree, But not both???

Can they do this without publishing the change online first?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Where was this posted?

Guys, stop spreading lies !!! 

This ain't rumors any longer! It's pure lies! 

They can't and won't ever limit to such a low limit! That would kill the service completely. 

I can't believe such lies and I've heard plenty. People spending hours on this forums, just to post lies. 

But if you call an appetizer an entree and say only one per person that would mean a person couldn't order an appetizer and an entree each. And one of each, one app, one entree per person is normal not excessive. 

If this is true it's ridiculous!!!

Nothing wrong with each person wanting an appetizer and an entree!!! 3 each person maybe. But 1 each person!!! 

If you want one of each then what? Can you pay for it? How much? Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone confirm how this works?

I'm literally leaving for airport in 5 hours and have such a bad mood going I don't know what to do. DH just keeps saying we should have stuck with Disney. This has become the thread that broke the camels back. Its not about money even, it's about being sold a completely different product than what I originally purchased. 

(If this is true) It's going to tip the scales of my mood. I literally cannot take Royal Caribbean making my vacation experience any worse. It's just one too many. I'm fed the F up!

I mean it certainly could be a policy change, but I'm not quite convinced until I see it some other places as well. Lots of stories every day about staff/crew giving out bad info or guests misunderstanding/not articulating their experience well. Pattycruise vouching for their experience certainly has merit, but it very well could be two isolated incidents, since it hasn't popped up anywhere else from what I can tell.

2 minutes ago, ZBrady said:

I mean it certainly could be a policy change, but I'm not quite convinced until I see it some other places as well. Lots of stories every day about staff/crew giving out bad info or guests misunderstanding/not articulating their experience well. Pattycruise vouching for their experience certainly has merit, but it very well could be two isolated incidents, since it hasn't popped up anywhere else from what I can tell.

What the hell kind of policy would that be? Technically that makes it one item per person. Just put individual prices on everything and be done with it. Screw Royal Caribbean. 

If want one appetizer and one entree how will they do it? 

I have to pay $750 to board my dog, $200 for checked bags, and a couple of hundred for car rental. Trying to decide if I should cut my losses. I'm just so fed up after reading this. My mood is in the toilet. 

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I'm literally leaving for airport in 5 hours and have such a bad mood going I don't know what to do. DH just keeps saying we should have stuck with Disney. This has become the thread that broke the camels back. Its not about money even, it's about being sold a completely different product than what I originally purchased. 

I know.  I so much want your Wonder cruise to be great and I really think it can be.  I have seen your excitement wane since you created your highly anticipatory username until today as real and rumored cuts have been announced.  Try to leave it all with your dog when you drop them off and embark on your cruise for what it is and either enjoy it or hate it for what it is.  The time for imagining how it's going to be is over.  Step into your flip flops and let the experience be what it is.

I know we're on the opposite side of a lot of discussion lately, but I really and truly want your cruise to be great.

@CanHardlyWait Please don't let someone else experience ruin your mood or excitement. I cannot tell you how many times, as a people watcher, I have seen someone interpret something completely wrong. People often omit all types of information. I am sure this person was ordering from a specialty restaurant in a suite or something. Or got bad information. Human error is very real, especially when dealing with new humans in a particular job. 

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

What the hell kind of policy would that be? Technically that makes it one item per person. Just put individual prices on everything and be done with it. Screw Royal Caribbean. 

If want one appetizer and one entree how will they do it? 

I have to pay $750 to board my dog, $200 for checked bags, and a couple of hundred for car rental. Trying to decide if I should cut my losses. I'm just so fed up after reading this. My mood is in the toilet. 

I feel like you've been looking at this cruise in a negative way for weeks, which is a shame. This post has not been confirmed, and I would take it with a grain of salt. The most they may do is limit you to one of each item, and even that I don't see.  Please go and enjoy this cruise, but I feel like you will be on the look out for every negative instead of the positives. But try to have fun!

19 hours ago, twangster said:

On the surface it appears they are confusing specialty dining with room service.  

However without knowing more and asking a lot of questions it's impossible to know that.  

This is not a confusion of speciality vs. room service.  I did not fully relay my January story on Grandeur. My daughter called to order : plates of wings  and 2 entrees.  She was asked how many people in the cabin and she said 2 and was then told she could only get a total of 2 entrees and that wings were considered entrees.   They are not listed as entrees.  I was not in the cabin when she ordered. She is 20, before people start that it was a child who misunderstood.  We don’t typically order room service. She had wings the night before and raved about them, so at about 11:00pm we decided to order, we are late night people.  She texted me about the restriction and I adjusted my order to a chicken quesadilla and she got her wings and asked for a plate of chocolate chip cookies. She was told they were busy and the wait was 1.5 hours. She agreed that was fine. The food  showed up and the wings were not made correctly, (she had them the night before and they were as described on the menu then) the quesadilla had peppers-I can’t eat peppers, they were not listed in the description. The cookies were everything except chocolate chip. So at 12:30am we were delivered a tray of food we wouldn’t eat and I took it to guest services and we were refunded.  The manager from room service called me at 4:50pm as we were getting ready for dinner to ask how he could make it up to  us.  It was our last night on the ship.  I certainly wasn’t going to order room service for dinner, and likely not ever again!

For those who say to eat at Windjammer-it closes at 9pm.  

so that was January on Grandeur.

the person I quoted is currently on Oasis  and posted an identical issue with ordering-limit to one entree and appetizers are considered entrees, despite no change on the menu or indications elsewhere like the app. 

I am attaching  screenshot-with her info removed-and someone asking if her account happened to anyone else.

Im attaching a screenshot of her follow up with guest services (just found it)

I am attaching another persons comment that it occurred in March on another ship.  So perhaps they are trying this out, just like they tried out the new menus, the limit of dinner entree and whatever else they change, on a few ships before it becomes fleetwide.  After all, they can say they hardly had push back…. 

and the pics have posted out of order.  I’m sure those who have some semblance of intelligence can figure out which post is the first and the follow up and then the person who chimed in stating it occurred on their sailing too.

IMG_5921.jpeg

IMG_5922.jpeg

IMG_5923.jpeg

Look, I know that people want to be excited for their upcoming cruises. I do too; we sail on Wonder in three weeks. But I’m very concerned that these cost-cutting decisions will yield a lackluster trip. Cut lobster night, cut half the menu options, put out wait staff who don’t know drinks and don’t refill glasses, limit room service… It all adds up to getting less while paying more and that’s not the mentality I want going in. We’ve got two additional sailings on the horizon, both in suites, and they will be the last we book until RC comes to realize that business truism - it costs more to find new customers than to keep your current ones happy. 

50 minutes ago, BowTieBrigade said:

Look, I know that people want to be excited for their upcoming cruises. I do too; we sail on Wonder in three weeks. But I’m very concerned that these cost-cutting decisions will yield a lackluster trip.

To each his own. I'll be on Wonder in 15 days and recently booked 2 more cruises. I'm not concerned at all and as excited as ever.

I hope your cruise turns out better than you expect.

4 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

Look, I know that people want to be excited for their upcoming cruises. I do too; we sail on Wonder in three weeks. But I’m very concerned that these cost-cutting decisions will yield a lackluster trip. Cut lobster night, cut half the menu options, put out wait staff who don’t know drinks and don’t refill glasses, limit room service… It all adds up to getting less while paying more and that’s not the mentality I want going in. We’ve got two additional sailings on the horizon, both in suites, and they will be the last we book until RC comes to realize that business truism - it costs more to find new customers than to keep your current ones happy. 

1/2 of a sailing is typically new to Royal so they don’t know about the changes.

im not a huge fan of the lobster, so that doesn’t put me off. My MIL had it in her head to have a second snd was ready to pay so I told her she could have mine.  I don’t feel those tails are worth it to start, let alone pay for a second one!

the menu,  I’ve sailed pretty much monthly since the restart.  Personally I’m not much for change and I do miss my fallback of salmon. I’m not 💯 for the new menu but I’ve accepted the change.  My issue is the timing of service for a second entree or the inability to have an entree as a “share” at the table because it’s a “second entree” so should be served after being done with the first.  I’ve found not every ship follows this, and others might give in a little  thankfully.  They still seem very stuck that lobster must be finished before you get something else on this particular night with statements of “we are being watched”.    My last cruise the head waiter came to our table because one person gave a lot of push back (not me but I did state it was disappointing to not be treated like an adult). The head waiter stated it was to reduce waste.  That statement was argued. The next day I received a call from a dining room manager to inquire about “the problem”-again I stated we are adults and should be able to eat as any entrees together…as they do serve multiple appetizers and desserts at the same time.  He stated it’s a new policy snd nothing could be done.  I stated I do note this crappy policy on my survey and I know it’s not him, the head waiter or the dining room servers who set the policy.  

So all that to say.  If your glass isn’t being filled, speak up. If service is lacking otherwise, speak up.  If it’s a policy issue, put it on the survey or send an email to MBayley.   I do wonder how many people make note on the survey as well as if  those surveys are  actually read. 

Looking in the app for Allure, the chicken wings are under Favorites. Appetizers are a whole three: tomato or chicken noodle soup and chicken tenders. I'm assuming the appetizer that's now being counted as an entrée is the chicken tenders. So from my perspective, this situation is either from Royal leaving outdated room service menus in the cabins or people not realizing that the menu isn't what they think it is when it comes to appetizers. Could be both. Not seeing anything about limiting to one or two entrées. However, the change wouldn't surprise me with how much room service food, left from the night before, I've seen outside cabins in the early morning. 

2 hours ago, Rackham said:

Looking in the app for Allure, the chicken wings are under Favorites. Appetizers are a whole three: tomato or chicken noodle soup and chicken tenders. I'm assuming the appetizer that's now being counted as an entrée is the chicken tenders. So from my perspective, this situation is either from Royal leaving outdated room service menus in the cabins or people not realizing that the menu isn't what they think it is when it comes to appetizers. Could be both. Not seeing anything about limiting to one or two entrées. However, the change wouldn't surprise me with how much room service food, left from the night before, I've seen outside cabins in the early morning. 

Had I left my tray of wrong food outside my cabin one would assume I over ordered and wasted my food .  I’d imagine there are many reasons food is left outside of cabins.  There are plenty of people each sailing who complain of wrong orders, cold food, or late orders.  I imagine any of those may lead to plates of good sitting in the hall.  Personally I’ve never witnessed these stacks of plates or food that I’ve seen a few people mention seeing.  

15 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

Lobster night hasn't been cut out...